Having a good time reignites my depression.

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by pogosticker, Apr 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pogosticker

pogosticker Well-Known Member

Is this weird? I guess it could be because of the alcohol.. but when I go out and actually enjoy myself it always ends with me feeling worse.. maybe it's because I experience a few hours of feeling great, only for it to end when I come back home and again have nothing for a few weeks till I'm invited to go do something again. I have no friends so only do stuff with my family.. and of course they have their own lives/friends, so while they can then go off and do other stuff with other people that's it for me.

Been thinking of just turning into an alcoholic and going to bars on my own till I end up in a ditch somewhere. At least I'll die either enjoying myself or too drunk to care.
  2. perry_mason

perry_mason Well-Known Member

yeah i like to numb myself with alcohol too but you have to remember it could be fun now but when the organs start too fail and it is like the end, it is not going to be too cool.
  3. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

You will care hun and so will others care your family hugs
  4. meaningless-vessel

meaningless-vessel Well-Known Member

One thing that's not been mentioned here, is that alcohol, while fun for some in some cases, is a depressant in itself. May it be an idea to look at avoiding the alcoholic route?
  5. spidy

spidy Well-Known Member

Totally agree with this.Alcohol makes me ping of the walls and while sometimes im having a good time other times im pinging that much it isnt fun.When it wears of i expect a huge low to follow.Use in moderation and be careful with it as being an alcoholic isnt much fun either was dependant on it for a long time.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.