Having a hard time...

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by generalbrock2000, Apr 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This might not seem like much, but I recently quit a very good job and decided to go back to school. After going back to school, I lost my gf. and got very sick to the point where I had to drop out. I ran into serious money problems and realized that I had given up everything and had nothing to show for it. I realize that many people have far worse problems, but I'm desperately seeking a reason to hang on....I'm in desperate debt, I'm too sick to work and I have no one to offer support or love anymore.

I don't want to say that I deserve anything better, but I truly need a reason to hang one.
  2. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

Are you getting professional help?? Are you on meds?? I too lost everything fifteen years ago.. I had a good paying job, ahouse, two new vehicles, and money to be able to do what ever I wanted to do..Then I had a nervous breakdown and lost everything including my fiance'..I went in the hospital after my second failed attempt at ending it all. I have been in the hospital ten times in the last fifteen years..I now see a shrink every three months. Am on meds, and in therapy twice a month..I have learned to cope one day at a time..I do my best and have made friends here on the forum..In real life I only have one friend and I met her here.. Just friends no relationship.. She listens to me and I am always there for her..Things will get better but you have to put forth some effort to make this happen..Take Care..
  3. WildCherry

WildCherry Staff Member ADMIN

Things can get better. You just have to take things one day at a time. I hope you stick around and give yourself the chance to make friends here.
  4. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

Sounds like you went from very good times to very bad ones so quickly...this must be overwhelming...I think this is the perfect time for professional help as you have achieved a good status and the work would be to get back there, and/or adjust to your illness, and redirect what you are doing...big hugs, J
  5. mdmefontaine

mdmefontaine Antiquities Friend

hey. . . i am sorry for your bad times. i am very glad though, that you reached out here on s.f.

i have found MUCH support here. i would not have made it through my crisis without s.f., and the friends i found here. . . they are amazing.

pm me if you want to talk - please lean on all of us and let us help you until you get stronger hun. . . . xx:console:
  6. I'm touched by all the heartfelt replies here. I really am trying to pull myself through this. I'm looking into professional help, but I just need to make it through each day as it comes. Some days it feels completely overwhelming, but just seeing that others have been in the same place helps.

I hope that I can do this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.