Having a really bad day.

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by AmeliaS., Mar 7, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AmeliaS.

AmeliaS. Member

I'm new so forgive me if I'm doing something wrong.

I am usually able to cope pretty well with my constant social anxiety and depression, but today is going poorly. I am struggling with school work (I am behind because I spent about 7 months in treatment last year), so I have to do these packets. I'm slipping back into the thoughts that I am worthless and can't do anything right; that life is too hard and isn't worth it. This is a problem, because I can never seem to find a counter-argument to use against the thoughts, so I'm just stuck in a crap tornado.
    And then my cat ran away, so I had to spend the whole day looking for him instead of doing work. I haven't cried in a long time, but there is just so much STUFF going on that I can't seem to find my usual footing.
    So my first instinct when that happens is to fantasize about suicide. I figured that I should call a hotline, but that never seems to help, you know? So I ended up finding this place. I hope it can be somewhat helpful.
  2. Unknown_111

Unknown_111 Forum Buddy Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Welcome to the forum. I'm so sorry to hear that you are suffering. You are among friends who understand what you are going through. You have gone so much for a young age but you.have whole of your life in front of you. I know you are hurting but you need to strong.

You have survived so far but it's about dealing it one day at a time. You need to speak to a school consellor about this as well as post here. You are precious and your parents will no doubt miss you. You need to keep posting here for support.

Please be reassured the people who have joined this forum understand what you are going through. I want you to be safe and not to act on any feelings.

I say to everyone,.someone somewhere is thinking about you and what you are going through. With that thought you are no longer alone.
  3. IJ (it just is)

IJ (it just is) Well-Known Member

i know the feeling, today i feel like giving up and letting go of this life, its not easy holding on anymore, i just cant do it.
  4. AmeliaS.

AmeliaS. Member

Thank you for your kind words. I have appreciated all of your replys and comments. I just have a hard time reaching out, but fortunately I'm going to see a psychiatrist today.
  5. AmeliaS.

AmeliaS. Member

Let me know if you want to talk or anything
  6. Tjh

Tjh Active Member

Hi Amelia I'm sorry that you're struggling. I suffer from social anxiety and depression too and know how hard it can be.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.