Having a strange recurring nightmare, don't know what to think.

Status
Not open for further replies.
In high school, many of you may have read a short story entitled, "The Most Dangerous Game." It was about a big-game hunter who washes up on a Caribbean island, and a Russian aristocrat who rules the island is also a big game hunter. The aristocrat decides that man is the ultimate sport, and so turns the protagonist loose in the wilderness and begins to hunt him.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Most_Dangerous_Game

Anyway, I've been having this strange dream the last few nights pretty much based on this story. I'm running through the woods, cold and alone, trying my best to get away from this yahoo with a shotgun. The dream always ends with me staring down the barrel of a gun, and that's when I wake up.

Ordinarily, I love sleeping and have pretty good dreams (which is why I like sleeping). I don't know why though, ordinarily a dream like this would have me all excited to record it in my dream journal as something cool, but the truth of the matter is that this dream leaves me scarred shitless. I don't know this is because I typically do not frazzle easily. But I've had this dream going on a week and I'm reluctant to go to bed.

Anybody have suggestions or been is a similar situation and gotten over it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$50.00
Goal
$255.00