having an open heart (trigger)

Discussion in 'Positive Feelings and Motivational Messages' started by Sadeyes, Aug 31, 2007.

1. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

this is one of the most difficult things I have ever tried to do...loving with an open heart...because of the extreme abuse I had as a young child, I feared that caring from an open heart would leave me so vunerable, that it would kill me...the real fear is/was that I am/was afraid of living, afraid anything too good would be taken away again (I remember poignantly the time before my father started raping me) and that goodness would force me to see myself as worthy, jeoparizing me not being able to keep any crumbs of being loved...but in an effort to live if I am choosing to be here, I am trying to open my heart...positive outcome for my first day on the job...met someone who is eye candy and a wonderful person too...not bad for a rookie...hope your travels bring you more softness...big hugs, J
  2. Insignificant

Insignificant Account Closed

you go lady. keep an open heart it takes you farther and builds character.

please take care
  3. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

IT is so hard...this is my 7th day, and I am still alive...have a date with Mr Eyecandy on Sat night...scared, but excited...hope to keep living this way...thanks Insig for posting and your support...big hugs, J
  4. theleastofthese

theleastofthese SF Friend Staff Alumni

Please keep an open heart and an open mind. He may not turn out as you'd like, but may be a good guy all the same. Not everyone is abusive and hateful, tho sometimes it's hard to see that. Be of good faith, and hope for the best. But do not despair if he's not "the best". Many more are and are just waiting to be found. I wish you the best!:smile:

love, least xoxo