Having bad thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi
This is my first post as a new member. I have suffered from depression and anxiety issues most of my adult life. (I am male age 50) Just over a year ago I developed tinnitus (ringing in ears)..I became so depressed and suicidal I had to be hospitalized for about 2 weeks. Gradually as time went on I learned to manage the ear problems and the depression, I did have to quit working because I could no longer function in my job. Starting early this year I found a wonderful counselor and a psycharist to help me and manage my meds. I was doing great until about 10 days ago when the ear ringing came back with a vengence. Since then Ive been having suicidal feelings again. It breaks my heart because after a year I had regained interest in life, my marraige, and my daughter who is getting married next month. I am so scared and I dont want to go back in the hospital, because they cant fix my ears and I dont want to worry my family like I did a year ago. Any words of encouragement I will be grateful for. Im sorry this is such a long post.

K

katrina77

So sorry to hear that you are having this problem.

I remember hearing about several new treatments for the tinnitis, both natural and medical. I didn't read up a lot on them since I don't have this problem. But, it sure would be worth looking into. I'm a bit of a Star Trek geek, and I know that William Shatner also suffers from this issues, and has links on his web page.

It sounds like you have a loving family who needs you to stick around. Hang in there, and I sure wish you luck in finding help with the ear ringing problem.

Wispiwill

I think it's understandable to be feeling bad again when the tinnitus has returned. Do your doctors know why it's back? Give it time. They made it go away once, hopefully they can do it again. In the meantime - talk to people about how you feel.

Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00