Having flashbacks...feeling incredibly alone

Discussion in 'Rape and Abuse' started by DontGiveUpOnMe, Feb 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Im so tired....
    I had I dont know how many flashbacks today...
    I was walkingin the street and remembered something my stepdad did...and suddenly I just stood there, frozen...in the sidewalk...unable to move, unable to utter a sound..

I felt like if I moved I would just...crumble into a million pieces...just burried in fear
    I had another flashback...a few minutes ago...It felt like hours.....and I feel like im losing the passage of time...
    It all feels like a different day or a different year...

I feel so incredibly completely alone...Where do I go.....
    Who do I tell....

In reality who really cares..

Im having a flashback...while people are laughing at the dinner table...pouring juice...watching movies...asking me a question...

and I feel so invisible...

My mothers footsteps..and her voice..make me scared..
    Everything reminds me ofsomething else..

I feel abandoned.....
    and I dont even want to feel better...because soon that great feeling will go away...

sigh...

help :(

2. In Limbo

In Limbo Forum Buddy

Are you getting any help about this at the moment?

I can't empathise (thank goodness) about this - but I sympathise deeply.

Much love,
    Chris

3. Stripes

Stripes Member

Hi, I can empathize with this as have been having similar issues recently. It is scary and lonely and frustrating etc... the only thing I can suggest is to find a good therapist, maybe talk on a helpline as a first step, sometimes this is easier as more anonymous or maybe try a post trauma workbook (I got one recently but haven't started yet, so can't tell you if it's any good or not.) Other than that just try and take care of yourself as much as possible - eat healthily, have a sleep routine, rest when you need to etc... (i know all that can seem trivial when you're having the thoughts and feelings you're having, but the body is also a machine and taking care of its basic needs will actually help you cope with these thoughts and feelings.) Also know that you're not alone and feel free to message me if you think it will help. Take care.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.