Having lots of trouble at work

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by Shock, Dec 20, 2011.

1. Shock

Shock Well-Known Member

Hi guys,

Just feeling really down at the moment.

Its about my Job. over a year ago a applied for a job as web designer at a little firm in town. They hired me which was great. But it wasnt a web design role but a project management role they took me on for. I tried my best but I didnt have the training or skill to do it. I did get some things
    done but the whole time it was just full of stress and two steps forward, one step back. Our products were not being developed fast enough. My boss quit because of the stress involved. The investors in the company thought about disovling it but gave me the managers job. I now run the company, still with no formal training or experience. My only education is in web design and I dont even get to do that anymore. A year on and the company is still as it has been. Still not much happening with the products and always two steps forward one step back. My nerves are fraying. I have to take the brunt of the investors and stuff. Theres nothing I can do - I am not a programmer, just a designer. Its during this time that I have had the worst bouts of depression ever. i have tried to take my life 3 times now and ended up in the psych ward. Whats worse is that the guy who is meant to be helping implement this product is being a complete jerk about it.

I just dont know what to do guys. I'm at my ropes end. If I leave the company it dies and those that depend on its jobs suffer, and I might not even be able to get a better job. If I stay I am stressed as hell but maybe, just maybe I can pull it all thourgh. Im just sick of the stress.

2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Anyway of hiring someone hun to help you manage it someone with those skills so you can have some stress taken off you get rid of the jirk who is not pulling his weight and hire someone who will help hun h ugs

3. penguin

penguin New Member

Thats a great idea, but its a big company and I am not in charge of hiring. I can ask but I just know they wont add someone. :(