Having some growing pains regaurding a new group

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by ub3, Jan 18, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ub3

ub3 Banned Member

Hi and goodday I have just started a new group called sharing the solution...
    Firstly i was wondering if there is any way around the limited capacity of a 1000 letters per topic/post? as i have had to result in splitting up my Post into several smaller post and it just feels restrictive and unneccessary? is there anyway this could be expanded?

:miserable:? this one works?http://www.suicideforum.com/images/smilies/h1026.gifsecoundly but this one dosent from the more option.. I have tried to insert smiles and animations to add a creative feel to my posts but it just seems to only register the letters and the images wont appear? am i doing something wrong? Thankyou would much appreciate a solution...Peace and light

2. Freya

Freya Loves SF Staff Member ADMIN

I feel your pain! I had these problems with the Book Club group I formed. Unfortunately I believe these are just limitations of the Vbulletin groups functions. I have read your group and I wholeheartedly agree with sharing solutions - perhaps you would get more 'traction' on a thread in the Road to Recovery section (groups never really seem to get much activity and I think that new members to the forum don't necessarily find them) - if you opened a thread with what you have posted in the group you will have more formatting options and I would definitely get involved as I think it is an excellent idea, and exactly what the Road to Recovery forum is for.

Sorry that wasn't more helpful - I have tried to overcome all those issues with the groups before and gave up in frustration.

3. WildCherry

WildCherry Staff Member ADMIN

I'll look through the vBulletin settings to see if there's any way to extend the character limit. Having it stuck at 1000 is just pointless, and if there's a way to extend it, I'll do it and then let you know.

4. WildCherry

OK, fixed the character limit, it's now 10000. I haven't yet figured out why smilies and animations won't post, but I'll keep working on it.

5. Freya

Freya Loves SF Staff Member ADMIN

Yay Wildcherry - only good things can come from pressing buttons :D

6. WildCherry

Hahaha, I'm going to copy that and repost it the next time I press the wrong button and make a mess of something!

7. ub3

ub3 Banned Member

you guys rock! thankyou freya for your suggestions i will take them onboard! and wildcherry you wild child you! your a legend!

8. ub3

ub3 Banned Member

I cant seem to find the road to recovery section?

9. ub3

ub3 Banned Member

lol sorry found it! I had a dumb moment lol

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.