Having suicidal thoughts but not wanting to die...

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Claudiy, May 24, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Claudiy

Claudiy New Member

Hi!

This is my first time posting here...
    I'm having suicidal thoughts for years now but I don't really want to die...
    I really feel i'm better of death. I know that's not right, but it's the truth.
    Anyone else have these feelings?
    Thanks.

Best regards,
    C.

2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Hi welcome to SF There are alot of us who have suicidal thoughts wishes to leave but like you don't really want death just peace hugs

3. spidy

spidy Well-Known Member

Hello
    Yes suicidle thoughts haunt me alot i find if I can write somethings down to release anger or emotions it does help.Never act on them as death is not a solution.Even talking with somebody can help too but make sure they are understanding as people do get scared of the mention of suicide.Keep posting here as well as you will not be judged and alot of people here are caring and understanding.Take care

4. yep

yep Well-Known Member

Hi
    You would be glad to know that you are not alone in this, as at any given time 1 in 20 people are having thoughts of suicide. This is indeed part of being human to feel down from time to time and search for solutions to end suffering. Susan Rose Blaunter went through 18 years of struggling with thoughts of suicide and developed strategies to cope with these better. Get her book so you don't have to re invent the wheel. Her book is very well writen and a fisrt person account of how to manage thoughts of suicide effectively. Susan Rose : "How I stayed alive when my brain was trying to kill me".
    Take care

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.