1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Having trouble getting to sleep

Discussion in 'Midnight Owl' started by Mordeci, Sep 12, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mordeci

Mordeci Banned Member

Before I use to have trouble getting to sleep and staying asleep then my doctor started me on a new medication (first ambien which did nothing for me, then Trazodone) which helps me stay asleep but I still have trouble getting to sleep at night, usually it takes me 11 hours to get a good 7-8 hours at night, any sugestions?

2. Young suicider

Young suicider Well-Known Member

Clear your mind and take very slow breaths.It tends to work for me and I don't have to take any meds

3. khlide

khlide Member

I read an article on Yahoo! once that gave a useful tip on getting to sleep. The gist of it was...

Lay down, close your eyes, then picture each body part 'falling asleep' starting with your head; then move to your neck/shoulders, then your arms/torso, your hands/fingers, your legs, and finish off with your feet.

It's similar to what 'Young suicider' said - just a different way of getting your mind to shut down and your body to relax.

4. IV2010

IV2010 Well-Known Member

5. Remedy

Remedy Chat & Forum Buddy

I pace for an hour or two usually before I sleep while listening to music, does wonders. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.