Havung trouble falling asleep

Discussion in 'Midnight Owl' started by Brynden, Jun 15, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brynden

Brynden Well-Known Member

Fpr the last month I've been having trouble falling asleep part of it is my PTSD ramping up a bit and the flashbacks have been coming in stronger. Other part of of is nervousness related to my training. Usually boring t.v helps. Last month npt so much.
  2. Tashok

Tashok Member

I'm sorry you're having trouble sleeping. Me too; insomnia is the worst. I've been awake 40 hours now and still can't sleep. I don't have your reasons, though. I hope you find something that helps your PTSD - therapy or meds or some super-boring TV. I wish I had a suggestion but I don't really watch much TV. Sometimes I watch foreign-language subtitled movies to help me sleep. And, uh, I know this is weird but ever since I was little I have a really hard time staying awake through the original Exorcist. Usually I just listen to my sleep playlist, though.

Good luck!
  3. JV3

JV3 Well-Known Member

I put on a long movie every night before I go to bed. I often will watch the same movie several nights in a row. Some of my favorites are "The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo," "Apocalypse Now," "Donnie Darko," and "Blade Runner." Movies with a lot of dialogue seem to work for me. For me, if I watch TV I try to pay closer attention to what's happening, but if I watch a movie I'm very familiar with, I'm not as "into it" because I know the outcome. It's almost like a white noise for me.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.