He committed suicide! :'(

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Little_me, Jul 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Little_me

Little_me Well-Known Member

A friend of a friend commited suicide a few days ago, when I was at my summer place. The police searched for him for days... Our summer house is by the sea, but we saw unusually many helicopters (spelling?) we wondered why, and now I know why. The police were searching for the friend of my friend... I have met him many times outside the child-teen psychiatric unit so this should'nt be surprising, but I am. I didn't know him that well, but we went to the same school for many years and shared classroom. His last name means "happy", and he was. Until he got this terrible disease...

His poor family... All the friends...

2. triggs

triggs Account Closed

3. Little_me

Little_me Well-Known Member

This truly sucks.
  4. whiskeylullaby

whiskeylullaby Well-Known Member

believe me when i say i know what you are going though, a friend of mine killed himself last friday. if you ever want to talk, my pm box is open :)
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 16, 2009
  5. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

God it just makes me mad because obiviiously he felt he had no help the system failed him as it did my brother. I am so sorry for you and his family the pain they will be suffering.
  6. Hae-Gi

Hae-Gi Banned Member

Even the best of systems can't help everyone. :/
  7. yursomedicated

yursomedicated Chat & Forum Buddy

I know how you feel. My friend recently committed suicide. If you ever need to talk, you can come to me.

RIP <3
  8. Atheist Demon

Atheist Demon Account Closed

Lucky, I wish I was so dead.
  9. Ash7614

Ash7614 Active Member

I've lost 2 close mates to suicide in the last couple years. Not a good thing to experience.

I pray that your friend is in a happier place than where he was.
  10. Atheist Demon

Atheist Demon Account Closed

There is no such thing as a 'happy place' genius.
  11. touglytobeloved

touglytobeloved Well-Known Member

There isnt, but everyone is free to beleive in what he wants, and thats his truth.
  12. ashes_away

ashes_away Well-Known Member

yes he has the right to believe in a happier place as long as no one gets the idea that suicide will get therm to that place.Also I think it was not nice to sarcastically call ash genius when they just told you they lost 2 friends themself to suicide and still wanted to reach out to comfort others.Everyone is hurting...and being in pain isn't an excuse to be mean to someone else who may be pain themself.
  13. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

NO one should have to suffer a death of a love one noone I really hope the family gets the support they will need. Death only causes pain for everyone left.
  14. Abacus21

Abacus21 Staff Alumni

Please don't insult others, folks.. It does no one any good. :grouphug:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.