he got to say goodbye

Status
Not open for further replies.
hey! i want to share an experience i had some time ago that still bugs me.

Almost 2 year ago I had just graduated from high school. I was 8 hours away visiting my grandparents and family for a couple days. Saturday, the second last day of the trip while sleeping I had a weird dream.

I was walking down by the ACC in Toronto, as I was walking along I saw my friend and former hockey teammate Jordan, who I hadn’t talked to in about 6 months because the hockey season was over, but rather then saying “hey” as we passed he said “bye” and continued walking down the street. When I woke that morning I was thinking how odd that it was, it stuck in my mind but I thought nothing of it because I tend to have weird dreams.

Monday when I returned back home I unpacked and rushed to my computer after being without it I was in some serious withdraw, as I signed in to my MSN I noticed a bunch of my friends had “RIP JT” in their names. And that is when I realized Jordan had passed away, after doing more reading on facebook I learnt that Jordan died in his sleep on Saturday night for no apparent reason, which just so happened to be the same night I saw him in my dream and he said “bye”

Jordan was an all-star track athlete and volleyball player who competed at a national level and was perfectly healthy, there is still no known reason for his sudden death. It really freaks me out that I had this dream on the night of his death.

johnnysays

hey! i want to share an experience i had some time ago that still bugs me.

Almost 2 year ago I had just graduated from high school. I was 8 hours away visiting my grandparents and family for a couple days. Saturday, the second last day of the trip while sleeping I had a weird dream.

I was walking down by the ACC in Toronto, as I was walking along I saw my friend and former hockey teammate Jordan, who I hadn’t talked to in about 6 months because the hockey season was over, but rather then saying “hey” as we passed he said “bye” and continued walking down the street. When I woke that morning I was thinking how odd that it was, it stuck in my mind but I thought nothing of it because I tend to have weird dreams.

Monday when I returned back home I unpacked and rushed to my computer after being without it I was in some serious withdraw, as I signed in to my MSN I noticed a bunch of my friends had “RIP JT” in their names. And that is when I realized Jordan had passed away, after doing more reading on facebook I learnt that Jordan died in his sleep on Saturday night for no apparent reason, which just so happened to be the same night I saw him in my dream and he said “bye”

Jordan was an all-star track athlete and volleyball player who competed at a national level and was perfectly healthy, there is still no known reason for his sudden death. It really freaks me out that I had this dream on the night of his death.
Wow. Consider yourself lucky, though. Not everybody gets to say goodbyes.

Must have tore you up inside when you found out.

Does this lead you to believe there might be something after this life? Or more to the world than meets the eye?

Sorry for your friend. That's terrible. I guess there's worse than dying in your sleep. But, dang.

Keep on loving. At least your friend left you a message before he left.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow. Consider yourself lucky, though. Not everybody gets to say goodbyes.

Must have tore you up inside when you found out.

Does this lead you to believe there might be something after this life? Or more to the world than meets the eye?

Sorry for your friend. That's terrible. I guess there's worse than dying in your sleep. But, dang.

Keep on loving. At least your friend left you a message before he left.
I was shocked! i really was it took a while to process everything that happened.

that’s a really good question and I’ve only thought of it now that you say it...I really don’t know I’ll think about it tonight and get back to you. I really can’t say I believe in any "religion" or god even though I was raised roman catholic it was just going through the motions really, I think the world is far too cruel a place for there to be a god, yet in my lowest darkest times in find myself praying...to who or what i don’t know, I sort of contradict myself

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00