1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

He hit me??

Discussion in 'Domestic Abuse' started by The_8th_Wonder, Aug 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The_8th_Wonder

    The_8th_Wonder senior Member

    I am going to my uncles house again on Saturday. Last time I was there which was two weeks ago he punched me in the nose and made it bleed. He also punched me and made me have bruises all along my arm. He has done things to hurt me before also. He really doesnt come across as somebody who would do things like that so I don't know what to do. I have tried being nice to him, begging to my parents to not make me go, and avoiding him but he always seems to find his way to hurt me. I'm afraid if I tell my parents they won't believe me and then won't trust me very often. I can't go to the police because he's rich and could hire a good attorney and again doesnt look like a person who would do the things he does. Somebody please help me, what do I do??????????
  2. Petal

    Petal SF dreamer Staff Member Safety & Support SF Supporter

    Im sorry your uncle has hurt you:sad: You must tell someone hun, your parents will have to believe you. You dont deserve to suffer at the hands of your uncle, please speak up and protect yourself hun :arms:
  3. Ozibuna

    Ozibuna Well-Known Member

    Well you can record him. Use a small hidden cam or a cassette recorder. First go to your parents with it ( make a copy beforehand ) then if the parents are blind and confiscate it. Go with another copy to the police ( always keep the original hidden ). Simply file in a complaint, you have the bruises as a physical evidence as well.

    EDIT: every harm that you may receive be sure to , like a punch in the face or something, take a snap of it and keep it in a safe place then go to the doc immediately. Because see, he can say that you did it to yourself but you just can't fake a punch to the face, the angle is all wrong.
  4. thedeafmusician

    thedeafmusician Staff Alumni

    Tell someone. But I'd actually recommend against recording it... or well I guess you can, but you said that he can get a good attourney. If they're a good attourney they'll argur the tapes are inadmissible in court because you didn't ask for permission to film. Or well, that's how it is here anyway. I dont know about where you are.

    Is there someone at school you could tell perhaps? I'd try that avenue...

  5. The_8th_Wonder

    The_8th_Wonder senior Member

    True, but he knows I don't get along with other guys well at school he could simply say I got in a fight with somebody.
  6. Tnecniv

    Tnecniv Well-Known Member

    next time your around him use the microphone on your cellphone or mp3! well you can't use cam, but too record the sound is legal!... i think... it may seem as a childish plan, but it works, he can't deny a clear proof, and it's easy too! but just see to it that you have enough disk space to record for an hour or so, so you can be sure that you get it. but on the other hand, do this solution seem to easy to be true, and it will hurt when he hits you, but I guess that you can't avoid that any way... so sue that bastard!
  7. darkplace

    darkplace Well-Known Member

    please tell someone
  8. LostMyMind

    LostMyMind Well-Known Member

    I would tell my parents and show them the bruises.
  9. aoeu

    aoeu Well-Known Member

    Tell parents. They will believe you better than you think.
  10. One Dagger

    One Dagger Member

    You should have told someone the first time it happened, if you dont mind me asking, why didnt you? I thought my parents would react badly to things which happened to me in the past but they were very supportive.

    If you make a strong enough point they should believe you, if they don't i guess that makes them bad parents to ignore something this serious.

    i think the mp3 idea is good though, my kinda style.. risky but solid evidence.
  11. Boob

    Boob New Member

    Learn Karartie and Kick His ass!...Aim 4 the ball's what a ignorant basterd :blink:
  12. low

    low Member

    I could say tell somebody you trust, but if they don't help you then this leaves you open to feeling more reluctant to tell people in the future about problems.

    That said, It may be worth doing so.

    A good teacher, a freinds parents that you feel close to might help. Then they may be to sit down and talk to your parents about it clearly.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.