He just doesn't know when to stop

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by daredhead, Dec 3, 2008.

1. daredhead

daredhead Well-Known Member

My dad doesn't know when to stop. He told my one teacher about what I was going through without my permission. He has been talking to a guy at work about me, and he just doesn't seem to understand. He is not a very emotional man, and I understand that to a point, but he has nor right telling people about my personal business.

I have been struggling with depression and anxiety secretly since seventh grade. I am now a sophomore in high school, and I have been in outpatient and inpatient psychological treatment. I have had several different therapists, and I am currently going to be going to a new one because I just didn't mesh with my previous one.

Anyway, I just need to figure out how to deal with my dad. I refuse to go places with him alone because he insists on only talking about my various problems. I can't drive with him in the car because he makes me too anxious. I know he is worried, but at times he takes it too far.

2. Gabe90

Gabe90 Member

I'm sorry to hear that man. Maybe ask your new therapist to tell ur dad to stop.
  3. daredhead

daredhead Well-Known Member

I've tried to have several therapists talk to him, but he refuses to listen. Every time I feel the slightest bit happy he brings me down. He never thinks anything I do is good enough, even if I were to do the absolute best possible, he keeps pushing for more. He says he understands, but he doesn't. I think he is trying, but what he is doing is the opposite of helping me.