He needs me

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by Breathe, Aug 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Breathe

Breathe Well-Known Member

My boyfriend is away on a cadet course. I learnt that yesterday he nearly died. His plane was hit by lightning, he was taken to hospital as he couldnt move, speak or hear for a while but it was just sttic build up in his body. The only reason his plane did not blow up was because his co-pilot was using the radio at the time. His plane is in repairs at the moment so he cannot fly. He has had a mental breakdown with this near death experience. He is scared shitless to fly again.
    I am outraged, sad and happy. Weird mixture. Sad cause i nearly lost him, happy cause hes still here but i am outraged because he went through a rain cloud! arghh. The first thing i got taught in my flying lessons (i was also a air cadet) when in terms on the environment was never go through clouds. He is such a bastard. Its like the movies. When i see him next. I want to slap him, hug him tightly then kiss him senseless ¬¬
    This is the "uncertainty principle" so my question is how do i comfort him? I am trying to be there for him. But learning your love, your other half nearly died is shocking and i am still trying to process it. He needs me to be strong for him. I am hiding my anger, my fear so he thinks i am strong, I dont know what to do. I feel like i am overrecting but i cant help feel this way :( How do i comfort someone after a near death experience?

2. mandyj101

mandyj101 Well-Known Member

hiya ..
    ur right that is like something out of a movie!
    im glad ur bf is out of danger .. it must b hard 2 support some1 when u feel confused fearful and angry urself .. i guess its like supporting ppl on this site .. in the sense that just letting some1 know u are there for them no matter what can mean so much ..
    so i guess in response 2 ur question - i think just let him know ur thinking of him .. and that ur there for when he feels ready 2 talk about it .. mabye encourage him 2 get some therapy .. he could suffer from post traumatic stress disorder .. so keep an eye on him/regular contact if u can ..
    dont forget about u either ! might help if u talk 2 a friend about it ..

all the best :hug:

3. WildCherry

WildCherry Staff Member ADMIN

I agree with Mandy. All you can do is be there for him, let him know you care. But make sure to look after yourself too; talk to someone about how you feel. Don't keep it all bottled up inside.

4. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

I hope both you and boyfriend are okay. Keep coming here for support okay as you have to stay strong to support him. He is alive and he will get courage again to fly on his own time he will. It is good you came here for support.

5. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

I agree with the above posters.

Be there for him :hug:

He needs you the most right now. I hope he gets well soon! xx

6. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

What a terrifying experience! :nerves: You wonder how to support him? It would be no different than supporting him if he were hit by a car or slipped and fell on the ice, or any other accident. It is normal to have so many mixed emotions.If he is afraid to go back in the air, the sooner you can get him there the better. He needs to see that it is safe for him to be back up there. the longer he waits the more difficult it becomes. I wish you both quick healing. :hug:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.