he took him!

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by silo, Jul 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. silo

    silo Well-Known Member

    my ex showed up for the first time in over a week, informed he was taking the baby and left with him! if i call the cops on him will they do anything? he is very unstable...but our custody case hasn't gone to court yet so he still legally can take him.....i'm so worried. the cops prolly won't believe me, they'll think it's just another dispute.....what do i do?
  2. Earn

    Earn Well-Known Member

    im sorry that this hasn't gotten a response earlier.I think you should call the police and tell them that your worried about him having your son.there might be something they can do if you are worried.but I dont know about the laws near where you live.But it's better to be safe and tell the cops about your worries.

    With your court case coming up I think doing something like running off with your kid or hiding from your ex would look bad towards you.Im not saying that you would.cause i dont know you.

    Good luck and take care.I think there might be some more people on here that know more about custody laws than i do.
  3. ~CazzaAngel~

    ~CazzaAngel~ Staff Alumni

    I personally think you should call them and tell them what's going on, it can't hurt to try, maybe they can help. I hope everything turns out OK, Hun. If you need to talk, feel free to PM me or message me. Let us know how things turn out. Take care and stay safe and best wishes. :hug:
  4. gentlelady

    gentlelady Staff Alumni

    I am not sure there is legally anything that can be done since you haven't been to court and he has the right to have the baby too, but it wouldn't hurt to call them and express your fears about his stability and the safety of your child.
  5. LenaLunacy

    LenaLunacy Well-Known Member

    Give the cops a ring hun. I mean, nothing ventured nothing gained right. I don't know if there is anything they can do, but you never know. And you won't know if you don't call.
  6. dreamer1

    dreamer1 Member

    phone the cops, NOW. if somebody took my babies i'd hunt them down. get your kid back.
  7. resistance

    resistance Staff Alumni

    I don't know if the police will do anything but I too think you should call them. Did you call them?
  8. silo

    silo Well-Known Member

    thank you all very much. i did finally get my son back this morning. i tried to go and get him from my ex, but he was so hostile and out of it that i couldn't (luckily some onlookers kept him from hitting me). i'm not sure why, but my ex suddenly decided that he was an unfit father (he really is very unstable) and bought him back early this morning. next time i don't care how guilty my ex makes me feel, i'm calling the cops immediately. i've spoken with my lawyer and am hoping to obtain full custody soon. wish me luck.
  9. gentlelady

    gentlelady Staff Alumni

    I am glad you got your son back silo. Hopefully this will all be over soon. Are you trying for sole custody?
  10. LenaLunacy

    LenaLunacy Well-Known Member

    Congrats on gettting your son back. That must be one weight off your mind.
    i hope things sort themselves out soon and that this all works out for you.
    am here if you need to talk anytime
  11. needanangel

    needanangel New Member

    I think it may help me if I read what is going on with others who suffer too.

    I'm glad you got your baby back but your lawyer needs to file an emergency motion that you be granted full custody until the hearing. The judge should look at the circumstances and go with the safest course for now. No judge wants to have an "issue" hanging over them because they didn't act when they had the chance. It is highly in your favor that a judge would grant this motion until the court date and you can rest easier knowing that the same scenario won't play again.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.