Head full of thoughts

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by Malcontent, Nov 23, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Malcontent

Malcontent Staff Alumni

My head is always full to bursting with so many thoughts, I need some peace from them even if it's only temporary. I always have to think over everything. I wish I could see or hear or feel something without having to keep it going round and round in my head until I completely understand it. Cos there are some things that I will never understand, I just have to accept them. But even though I tell myself that nearly every day, there's still a little part of my brain that keeps ticking all these things over constantly. I need a way to shut my head up. Drugs and drink don't work, a part of me always stays sober and wont let me just drift away. I've tried writing it all down or talking to a professional but all my thoughts are linked in such an intricate web that I can't just let a few of them out without nothing making any sense or everything just getting locked up with the strain of there being so much and I just shut down. I can't close myself off to things, painful events that happened years ago are still fresh in my mind because I can't figure out why they happened. It's like my mind will never be at peace until I can be sure that I always do the right thing, but that's impossible. The only conclusion that I ever come to is that I'll only have peace once I'm dead, I only hold on to avoid causing people who care about me pain. But is there anyone who would miss me? And am I just causing more pain by being alive?

2. CAD

CAD Well-Known Member

Maybe you need a creative outlet? You could try keeping a diary/journal, creative writing etc. and see if that helps. Or you could try watching some reality TV - that should keep you from thinking.

3. neutral

neutral Well-Known Member

Malcontent, I can relate, Even when I'm drunk I can still have the same train I thoughts over and over. I once went out to the pub and me and others drank many beers, they where all 'merry', I was in the same frame of mind as before I started drinking, but more tired and a little off balance.

There are only four ways I have found so far for a moment of silence...
    1. Exercise, absorb your self in it.
    2. Talk to someone about easy topic like the whether.
    3. Meditation, Takes patience. (I'm not good at it but I can tune out for a while).
    4. Sleep. (Getting to sleep can be the issue.)

4. Anime-Zodiac

Anime-Zodiac Well-Known Member

Like the others have mentioned, occupying your mind is the best solution but like you've mentioned, you've already tried to. Try other ways to occupy your mind, such as sports and exercise, watching movies, listening to music, reading a book, etc.

5. I can relate too, my head constantly feels like a terrorist's clothes.. Full of bad bombs waiting to go off! I chillax by heating up my bed lighting a candle and watching a movie, sometimes helps, hope things get better for you hun. :hug:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.