Head in a backpack-- wtf

Discussion in 'Midnight Owl' started by VALIS, Aug 26, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VALIS

VALIS Well-Known Member

I was dreaming two nights ago that there was a head, adult sized, male, with brown hair, in a backpack. I was talking in my sleep and saying "There's all this money.. but it's covered in blood. They hired me to kill it, so I killed it."

The money was also in the backpack, a huge wad of bloody bills stuffed in there with the head. Very distressing, and I woke up feeling really numb, like in the dream, I was almost angry- not scared of getting caught, or questioning the morality-- if anything, I was proud of my cold blooded murder-- completely the opposite of my typical disposition, strongly principled and humanistic.
  2. Comrade Napoleon

Comrade Napoleon Well-Known Member

hmm I use this website to analyze my dreams,

sometimes I agree with it, sometimes, I don't.

Regarding your dream, I found. maybe it is nothing, or maybe you will find insight. I wouldn't take it seriously, take like if you were reading a horoscope.

To dream that you are being mutilated, indicates that there is a waking situation that you need to be careful about. You may be putting yourself in some sort of danger, either physical or mental. If you are mutilating yourself, then it means that you are seeking attention. You are expressing a desperate cry for help. Or you are trying to disconnect yourself from the unbearable pain you are experiencing in an aspect of your life.

To�dream that someone or something is mutilated, indicates that your integrity is put into question.

To dream that you are backpacking, symbolizes your self-sufficiency and survival skills. You may be reflecting on all the obstacles and adversities that you have overcame.

To see or win money in your dream, indicates that success and prosperity is within your reach. Money represents confidence, self-worth, success, or values. You have much belief in yourself. Alternatively, dreaming about money, refers to your attitudes about love and matters of the heart. It is a common symbol for sexuality and power. In particular, finding money indicates your quest for love or for power.

To dream that you lose money, suggests that you are lacking ambition, power and self-esteem. You are experiencing unhappiness and setbacks in your waking life. You may also be feeling weak, vulnerable, and out of control in your waking life.

To give or spend money in your dream, is analogous to giving love. You are looking for love. To see others giving money away, suggests that you are feeling ignored, overlooked or neglected. Someone is not paying enough attention and showing enough affection toward you. If you are hogging or hoarding money, then it denotes insecurity or selfishness.

To dream that you have no money, indicates a fear of losing your place in the world. You are lacking the abilities needed to achieve some desired goal. If you are borrowing money in your dream, then it suggests that you are overextending your resources. You are spreading yourself too thin.

To dream that you steal money, forewarns that you are in danger. You need to be more cautious. On a positive note, the dream indicates that you are finally going after what you want in life. Alternatively, stealing money means that you are lacking love. You are desperate to be accepted

To see blood in your dream, represents life, love, and passion as well as disappointments. If you see the word "blood" written in your dream, then it may refer to some situation in your life that is permanent and cannot be changed. If something else is written in blood, then it represents the energy you have put into a project. You have invested so much effort into something that you are not willing to give it up.

To dream that you are bleeding or losing blood, signifies that you are suffering from exhaustion or that you are feeling emotionally drained. It may also denote bitter confrontations between you and your friends. Your past actions has come back to haunt you. Women often dream of blood or of someone bleeding, shortly before or during their periods or while they are pregnant.

To dream that others are bleeding, signifies an emotional cry for help.

To dream that you are drinking blood, indicates that you have a fresh burst of vitality and power.

To dream that you are giving or donating blood, suggests that you are feeling physically drained due to stress.
  3. VALIS

VALIS Well-Known Member

Thanks so much! Some of that makes a lot of sense- the backpack and mutilating part anyways. I'm questioning my integrity in my employment situation (tutoring) just from the way the lessons are going. The tutoring is what I've had to do to make extra money- survival.
  4. Comrade Napoleon

Comrade Napoleon Well-Known Member

No problem, glad it helped a little. :D
  5. johnnysays

johnnysays Well-Known Member

Did you recognize the face?

Was it young or old? Attractive?

Why did you feel proud of yourself?

Have to be careful not to assume too much. The brain in the dream state is not entirely the same. While I don't ever remember having a dream where I killed anyone outside of dreaming I'm in a war (killing in a mad rage because kill or be killed and anger that they killed my friends), I am not sure how I would respond to finding a head in my backpack filled with blood money.
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 9, 2011
  6. VALIS

VALIS Well-Known Member

Hi, I absolutely did not recognize the head at all. It was caucasian, male, maybe 30-40 years old, had a full head of straight medium brown hair, severed maybe down three inches below the skull... It was pale like a typical corpse would be. I think it was attractive, I mean if anything it was a 'generic' head, no specific flaws. Just soaking wads and wads of bills crammed into the backpack. I don't remember the face, if I did see it, reacting to the features specifically were not a part of the dream.

When I say 'proud' it just seems like the most appropriate explanation. My attitude was less 'Hey, look what I did' and more 'What are you going to do about it? That's life, baby' kind of attitude. Like a contract killer's attitude towards it. But the money was unusable because of the blood, and that was really my main lamentation in the dream.

Anyways thanks for the posts. I'm curious about it but since I wasn't distressed in the dream, the distress didn't carry over into my consciousness.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.