Headache gone be the DEATH of ME!!

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by Kiba, Jan 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kiba

Kiba Well-Known Member

I cant stand IT!!! :blub: I CANT!!! This damn headache keeps coming back and its like its suffocating me! I went to the hospital last time and they said NOTHING wrong... ARGGGG!!! I feel dizzy and It wont STOP! I CANT BREATH!! Someone help me!! Please!!!!! :(

NO HOSPITAL!! :blub: I cant stand going there AGAIN! My PTSD will KILL ME if I go back!!!!
  2. BornFree

BornFree Well-Known Member

aaawww Swift!!! :console:

Big Hug!! Headaches are the worst... I have really bad migraines... and at those times my head feels like the core of my being is crushing me... bad head pain is excruciating.

Have you tried asking the GP for better pain relief? They should be able to help you manage the pain even without knowing the exact cause... I am being sent to the pain clinic as there is nothing more they can do surgically.

So sorry this is happening to you. Hope they sort it out for you soon. My PM box is always open if you want to vent or chat. Take care of yourself.

Ditsy x
  3. TakeThisLife

TakeThisLife Active Member

aw hunn :( :( :( :( :hug:
    do you have any tablets for them?

x x x x
  4. ~Young-Violet~

~Young-Violet~ Banned Member

Hello Swift,

Sorry to hear about the headace's they must be very daunting, please stay strong, do you have any medication for them? Could you go back to your Dr andd teell him/her that they are really affecting you as they will HAVE to do something. I do hope you are feeling better please stay strong :hugtackles:
  5. Kiba

Kiba Well-Known Member

Arg.. well the headache is terrible! It comes and goes and when it comes I go into panic and it dosent help the situation. I see my doc the 4th. Bleh.. Im sorry if I over-reacted. Just hate these headaches that seem to pop out of no-were!
  6. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

there are medications out there that will prevent these migraines from happening ask your doctor about them ok sandomigraine is one i know of but there are many more. They prevent the migraine from coming on as the medication is taken daily They do work
  7. peacelovingguy

peacelovingguy Well-Known Member

Just had a two day migraine - only just ate a decent meal last night and feel a lot better now. I'm plagued with these things.

Only option is to try and catch it just as it starts - painkillers, strong ones, might stop it if its not a hard hitting one. Then I take a shower and a HOT shower, hot as I can take it. Then its lie down in a dark room.

Sometimes its so bad I cannot eat a mouthful of even scrambled egg on toast. Nor can I drink water or tea. Dehydration is the main worry as it can make a migraine ten times as bad.

I just feel nausea at its worse, I can work if its not too bad but often as not these migraines make it impossible to work because looking at a computer monitor is like looking at a welding arc.

I need some of these new medications. I'm getting maybe two of these a week - sometimes its a 48 hr thing and only eases totally after 72 hr.

One bonus maybe is that the worse of migraines might help depression. I cannot think of anything negative as the headache itself does not allow me think about anything. That said I need to get rid of them. Its a bloody pain, literally!

Just to add I'm keeping a diary of foodstuffs which might be causing this. Cheese is on the list but I stopped eating it and I still had the headaches. Chocolate is the next one. I guess I eat that every day. I mean, I could eat a big Dairy Milk, maybe 500 grams, with ease. And nibble at other things. I will hopefully eliminate various foodstuffs until I find one or a combination of foods which may be the culprits.
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 2, 2011
  8. ThornThatNeverHeals

ThornThatNeverHeals Well-Known Member

oh sis :hug: im so sorry, i hope you get better soon, i wish we could help you
  9. Kiba

Kiba Well-Known Member

Thanks guys... Sigh.. Im just sick of it ya know? eh..
  10. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

have you tried syndol? its FANTASTIC for those headaches that just wont go away :) hope you feel a lil better soon, :hug:
  11. Kiba

Kiba Well-Known Member

Thanks Music.. I haven't tried it. I need to fill this script I was given still. Just haven't yet. Problem is I think I lost the script! ****!
  12. Fitzy

Fitzy Well-Known Member

Have you tried any "alternative" remedies?
  13. Kiba

Kiba Well-Known Member

um.. sleeping, hot chocolate.. yep.. sleeping in dark rooms.. yep.. I hate tea.. but tried it.. Yuck.. lol uh... hmm.. usually the pressure points thing makes it worse.. and trying to put my head between my legs made it worse.. and more dizzy.. bleh.. and I'm out of tylonol but can get more when the store opens.
  14. Fitzy

Fitzy Well-Known Member

I was thinking about accupuncture; reflexology; massage; herbal remedies - feverfew is supposed to be good.
    It might be worth checking one or all of them out?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.