Healthy? ESCAPES

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by WhyMeWhy, Jan 12, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WhyMeWhy

WhyMeWhy Well-Known Member

What do you use to escape from the world, when you find the "real world" unbearable? My world is dark.....hence my escapes are even darker..... horror themed titles, in show/movie/story especially in video game format. These would include triggerish themes that are not triggers to me, personally. Ever wondered about my avatar? It's an excellent game to get into if you like video games to escape from personal realities. My best escape..... it's always there for me when I need it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O_UGLna4l1Y&feature=related
    The Intro - Trigger
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tvO8CqYKj1c

Rather morbid but I'm into that sort of stuff. It's the best escape I have! :yes:

2. Anime-Zodiac

Anime-Zodiac Well-Known Member

Each individual has their own preference. If it works for you then that's cool.

3. Twisted Sweet Lies

Twisted Sweet Lies Well-Known Member

Normally I read. but not just any book they have to be memoirs written by people who have some kind of disorder or who have stayed in a mental hospital. I guess my other escape would be horse riding. Some days I will just go out there and gallop. I use to play video games a lot but now I just get so pissed when I mess up or can’t do something or keep dieing. So I stopped playing them.

4. cupiononesse

cupiononesse Active Member

Ichangefromsecondtosecondiwishihadsomthinlikthat

5. rojomi

rojomi Banned Member

Sleep-the ultimate escape for me. I dream of the life i had, and the life i want.
    I try to program my dreams, and it works sort of to the extent that i only will accept good dreams. dreams are an involuntary function, so the occasional bad one occurs. but in my dreams the life, fun, laughter i once knew come back. when i wake and realize it was just a dream-big letdown. but, if you can dream it- it Could happen.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 13, 2008
  6. ggg456

ggg456 Guest

drawing, moving around.. i am generally quite restless..

7. Raven

Raven Guest

Writing, love to sit and think of what if and then write down the results, also playing some of the old school D&D spin-offs great way to write crazy stuff and no one thinks different (call of cthulhu) is one I really want to get into, a coworker pisses you off? Bam you can have fun writing their persona into the game to get whacked. This is just me of course and it differs from person to person

~Raven

8. i escape by playing katamari, watching comedies like scrubs and listening to happy music, smoking a joint.
    basically i surround myself with +ve vibes

9. Hurted

Hurted Well-Known Member

cuting, dancing, playing piano, playing video games, music...:smile:

10. Feared.Desire

Feared.Desire Well-Known Member

- Sleep
    - Music
    - Reading
    - Talking with close, trusted friends

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.