healthy food makes me sick- how on earth do i ever expect to get healthy?

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by the masked depressant, May 10, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. the masked depressant

the masked depressant Well-Known Member

things like potatoes and other kinds of veg.. salad.. i can't eat them

all my body seems to allow in me is junk food- and even then very little amounts before i start rejecting food again

i've been a picky eater (extremely picky) all my life, and i'm thinking that may have something to do with it, but i've no idea..

2. ZombiePringle

ZombiePringle Forum Buddy and Antiquities Friend

One thing could be the cause is you might have an allergy of sorts. Maybe whatever was used to grow the vegetable. You might want to try organically or locally grown vegetables. Its just sometimes there is added chemicals and what not on the vegetables that aren't grown locally to try and keep them fresh longer.

It could also as you said be the fact that you are a picky eater. If you want something unhealthy you could try a substitute.. like lets say you want a hamburger. you could try and get a turkey burger instead which is a bit healthier.

3. the masked depressant

thanks for the tips... yeah.

i know i've an alergy to butter and peanuts.. but your idea is actually very useful

4. chipper

chipper Well-Known Member

why don't you do a slow transition? a really really slow transition.

start eating one banana a day. then add a mango after a week. then carrots after another week...

also, try to drink more water. do it slowly too

5. the masked depressant

do you think that will work?

6. chipper

chipper Well-Known Member

yes it will. the body is an incredible masterpiece. it's a machine like no other. will it and it will do what it is supposed to do and it always do what is best for it. incredible.

if you can't finish one banana then go half a banana at first. it doens't have to be a banana, it can be any other fruit that you think you will like the most.

just don't rush it. take as long as you need.

don't forget the water. that's important.

7. the masked depressant

well, i'll try that- let you know how it all goes

8. gonei

gonei Member

i used to hate lots of foods and over time i've managed to learn to love them. at the moment i'm trying to make myself like mushrooms which is something i've always hated. i used to hate onions too but noow i cant get enough of them i think if you just keep introducing little bits of what you dont like into stuff you like then you'll get a taste for it soon enough.

when i wanted to start to eat more veg to get healthy i tricked myself by covering stir fry veg in highly calorific, salty sauces which were full of fat and made the veg taste great... i gained a bit of weight at first but it was worth it because i got a taste for the vegitables and slowley started to have less fatty sauces etc and now i like them on their own!

:reub:

9. Right U R Ken

Right U R Ken Well-Known Member

Are those foods truly making you sick, or just giving you gastrointestinal distress?(a nice way of saying do they give you bad gas?)

Gastrointestinal distress with certain foods is common. You may just need to take a gas relief pill, available most anywhere like the supermarket or walmart, before eating.

If they're truly making you sick then you may have an allergy.

In either case try one kind of food at a time and identify which ones are the problem. Can't be all of them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.