~Healthy lifestyle thread for May~

I'm going to carry on cycling to work every day, but I also want to try yoga. Really struggling for motivation though, the cycling's easy cos it's just going to work, trying to get myself to do anything when I get home is the hard part!
Hehe exercising is difficult. There are some good yoga to tutorials so u can try from home. Personally I don’t love yoga tho, but I hope it works out for u!

Champagne

✯✯ Heart of an angel ✯✯
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
One thing that is working for me food-wise is, I allow myself a treat, 200 calories or under a day, I don't always do it but its definitely working and keeping cravings for sugar away, so glad I finally found something as simple as that to help me not overeat and have a normal portion.

Ixtab

Did calisthenics routine in the sun and it's hot. Was going 20 minutes without stopping but stopped there. The small stairs out the garage are making me feel sore now. I'm out of shape but lost weight I guess it was muscles. I'm ten pounds down from last time but physically not as strong and weaker endurance. So going to try harder to do 30 minutes at least once a week.

Champagne

✯✯ Heart of an angel ✯✯
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
Did calisthenics routine in the sun and it's hot. Was going 20 minutes without stopping but stopped there. The small stairs out the garage are making me feel sore now. I'm out of shape but lost weight I guess it was muscles. I'm ten pounds down from last time but physically not as strong and weaker endurance. So going to try harder to do 30 minutes at least once a week.
Congrats on losing 10 lbs. Do you have much to lose overall? I do and I would think of it this way ''I lost 1lb, 10 times''. Seems so much easier on the mind and makes me feel that I achieved more. Good luck with the exercising. I would suggest not working out ''until you are sore'', just do what you can and build it up periodically. Kudos to you 👍

Ixtab

I’m not fat just have kind of dad bod happening and want to be strong for snowboarding in the winter so I’m not huffing and puffing and can recover from injury. This last season I got 10 days snowboarding, the most ever for me. Thanks, good luck to you too.

Egg119

SF Supporter
Cycled the long way to work today, twice the miles, and all up hill! Was going to try a new route home that's mostly one huge up hill, but came out of work to find I'd got a flat tyre. Fixed it now, so maybe tomorrow. Still no yoga . . . at least I'm consistent! *rofl

DrownedFishOnFire

Back into the wild where I belong. Out of your way
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
No thanks to the stress blood pressure and pulse rate has been terrible ... ive not lost or gained yet i have to get healthy. Sign me up for june! Going to make an effort to come and visit here for wellbeing accountability

Ixtab

I had high pulse and bp and had to get a different medication and now my pulse is normal and my pressure is high normal which is the best it's been in a while. Genetics and medicine are big factors. I'm healthy otherwise but mine is hard to manage.

Champagne

✯✯ Heart of an angel ✯✯
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
I'm really losing motivation to exercise. I'm sooo tired all the time even though I'm sleeping well and eating well and bloods are normal. What gives? lol Am I just being lazy? Even now while resting my body i'm still tired and not rested. Hmm its literally just came to mind that it could be my medicine, I'm on strong sedatives. But I have been on them for ages so I don't actually think that's it. Even the thought of going for a 20 minute walk sounds exhausting. If anyone has any ideas, that would be great.

Any ideas?

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00