Healthy reactions?

Discussion in 'Strategies for Success' started by Petal, Feb 27, 2016.

1. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Healthy reactions?

Ok so I had a huge argument with my doctor's nurse (not my psych nurse) yesterday because there was a locum there who couldn't find a record of my meds, weird I know, she lied to me, said I wasn't on medicines I am on and refused to write out the prescription. I got so pissed off, I went to the pub across the street and got drunk (about 6 pints if I recall correctly) she really winded me up by calling me a liar. Then she called my mom a liar, I lost it and told her to f herself and called her an incompetent bitch. (I know, not right, I wouldn't normally do that). Anyway I got drunk and mom got REALLY pissed with me (pun not intended) and she's still annoyed with me, I went to bed as I cannot handle drink at all. I was fine though and just went to bed quietly but only after fighting with the crisis nurse over the phone and he hung up on me. I wet the bed so i'm thinking i drank too much. I am not a ''drinker'' as much, maybe twice a year at most.

So what would have been a healthy reaction to this? (I found out a few moments ago that they finally sent the script down yesterday evening)I got the medications in the chemist just now!

What are alternatives to drinking, etc...? What do you do when you are really pissed off? Bear in mind I am extremely impulsive. At least I didn't cut and I would never ever log in here under the influence of alcohol just FYI.

2. Rockclimbinggirl

Rockclimbinggirl SF climber Staff Member Safety & Support

I am not as impulsive as you, but I tend to rant. Sometimes in PM here on the forum or in my diary. What about hitting a pillow?

3. Petal

Yeah that could work hun. I'm just curious in what ways does your impulsiveness come out?

4. Rockclimbinggirl

My impulsiveness, hmmm. Well, I sometimes go rock climbing when I'm super stressed out and pissed off. I guess that's sort of an impulsive decision, where I decide to just go do something somewhat active instead of being at school. Since, I live on campus, I would say my impulsiveness tends to be me jumping on a bus and trying to get away from campus.

5. Petal

Ah, I see. It all seems very healthy though. Well done on keeping it tamed down. Nothing wrong with rock climbing. You seem to be able to handle it all, best of luck to you.

6. Rockclimbinggirl

Well you asked what my healthy reactions were? My unhealthy one would be SH, which can sometimes be an impulsive decision.

Petal likes this.
  7. booklovr

booklovr Well-Known Member

Call up someone...preferably a good listener and rant.
    Bitch about the bitch to your hearts contents...scream shout...the phone dead...usually does the trick for me.

Petal likes this.
  8. Petal

Oh I do apologise, I misinterpreted it, my apologies. I know you SH, Maybe together we can free ourselves of it, you are one of my best friends on here and I really care about you. SH isn't easy to quit and it is an impulsive act but we will get through it, I don't doubt that we will! Big hugs and I will try beating a pillow, thanks for that suggestion, a therapist gave me that suggestion years ago and I had totally forgotten about it until you mentioned it now.

Rockclimbinggirl likes this.
  9. booklovr

booklovr Well-Known Member

Or if your If ur into sports or some game...running even....you could go vent into it with all your aggression...hit the ball like its a persons face....
    U could mow a lawn or even set on housework.
    Football tennis anything to vent and yet somehow progressive..u cud work out if nothing..

Petal likes this.
  10. Petal

I am very unfit and over weight so I can't really do them. I will try and find something, thanks for trying to help me, my friend :)

11. cymbele

cymbele SF Supporter

As I have said sometimes I write in my journal. I vent and swear and complain and cry in my journal. Sometimes writing it down helps clarify my anger. The best thing is it's on my computer and I can erase it if I need to. Exercise helps when I am down but not when I'm angry. I don't drink - I get very depressed when I am drunk I am not a happy drunk.
    Hugs

Petal likes this.
  12. Petal

Thanks Cymbele, I already use a diary so maybe I can use it as a dual purpose, thanks for the suggestion I like it. Maybe a private diary might work too, thanks for the ideas :)