Heard from long lost sister

Discussion in 'Positive Feelings and Motivational Messages' started by Cath, Mar 31, 2008.

1. Cath

Cath Staff Alumni

This is an email i got from my sister who was adopted when i was very young and has just got in contact with me. :biggrin:

Hi Catherine

Just got off the phone to you and thought I'd email straightaway.

Firstly, sorry to spring that on you - last thing you'd expect on a Monday afternoon to get a phone call from me. *** gave me your number and address and I was going to write but thought I'd call you instead.

I traced *** in February - I turned into a bit of a detective - I was looking up some people of Friends Reunited and saw the link for Genes reunited. I then started looking up you and *** as I knew roughly your ages and I came up with some matches on a family tree which I think you, at some stage, had posted.

I posted a message on there looking for the *** Family and a very kind lady helped me and gave me details of yours and *** marriages and a possible address for ***. and the rest is History.

I thought I'd tell you a bit about myself and then send some pictures of me and the boys.

As you are probably aware I was born in 1980 when you were 2/3 and I believe when I was born *** said she didn't want me which is when social services became involved. I spent some time with *** and then was fostered to a family in ***. I was eventually adopted when I was about 18months.

My adoptive parents are *** and *** and they already had 2 sons, *** and ***. I feel very lucky that I was adopted and think that it was most likely the best thing for me. I have a large family with lots of aunts, uncles and cousins and my nan and grandad are still alive. I lived around the *** area upto 18 when I went to uni (didn't stay). When I was 19 I moved to *** to live with *** who I have been with since I was 17. We have 3 beautiful boys - *** 6 (2002), *** 4 (2004) and *** 10mths (2007).

I work full time (which is hard with the 3 boys). *** is a wonderful dad and extremely supportive.

I understand that both you and *** had a more troubled childhood - and I completely understand you not wanting to talk about any of it. But I would really love to get to know you.

Say hello to *** and I look forward to hearing from you.

Speak Soon

2. Robin

Robin Guest

That's a fantastic email hun :) :) :) Am so happy for you :)

3. Abacus21

Abacus21 Staff Alumni

Aww, great stuff Cath :D :hug:

4. The_Discarded

The_Discarded Staff Alumni

:hug: :smile: :hug:

That's awesome. It's always a good ('though daunting) feeling to hear from loved ones who've been physically absent but not far from our minds.