hearing voices

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by meagainstme, Apr 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. meagainstme

meagainstme Well-Known Member

i just wonder if any of you hear voices?
    i hear them, but its my voice :blink: it doesnt feel like me, but it does at the same time. its so fucking confusing.

i told the psychiatrist i dont hear voices, but my doctor today said she had a word with him and he said that he thinks i do hear them.

i cant fucking explain. any of you got any experience of this?

thankyou

2. Scum

Scum Well-Known Member

Maybe you could show your psych, or doctor, this post.

Explain what you hear. What does your voice say to you? Does it tell you to do things or anything?

I personally don't hear voices, but I have come across a lot of people that do. There are things you can do to stop it. Like listen to an i-pod with only one earphone in, this apparently disrupts the brain signals, or picture a volume control and when the voices get bad, turn it down.

What did you gain by telling the psych that you did not hear voices?

3. meagainstme

i jst dont like to open up. and i confuse myself wondering if they are voices i hear, or what.

often i forget that i hear them. like they do something and take control over me. then when they go i often wonder ''did that really happen'' i cant work out if things are real or not. grr

4. Scum

Scum Well-Known Member

The more you open up and tell the psych, the more they can help, and the sooner you will start to feel better. It's often awkward and scary to open up, but sometimes you have to fight it in order to get a positive outcome in the future.

Also, it might confuse you, but if you can explain what you can when you can, i.e. what you explained at the top was great, hearing your own voice, etc, then that gives the psych more idea than he has now.

5. Ruby

Ruby Well-Known Member

I understand completely. I hear voices but I hear a male voice who tells me to do weird things/harm myself. I know how annoying they are. Do you tend to hear them more at a certain time? I think distraction helps a lot, listening to music with earphones (like what scum mentioned), watching tv or even trying to read. Are you on medication?

6. meagainstme

im on prozac and atarax atm. the psychiatrist prescribed me a antispcyhotic called risperidone to calm down the voices, but it gave me side effects so ive come off it. i have to see the psychitrist soon to see what i should go on next.

the voices are just voices. i assume its my voice cus i cant make it out. i become fuzzy and over powered. this voice makes me struggle to stay alive. its like tellin me to get rid of the voice i have to cut. you know wot i mean? argh i sound crazy. i hate talking about myself.

but once ive calmed down. the voice has gone and i cant figure out if its real. like i look at the cuts and think ''how did i do that. did i really do that.'' etc i feel so trapped within myself and paranoid that i cant control whats going on in my own head!

7. Scum

Scum Well-Known Member

You don't sound crazy, you sound like someone who is ill and scared about talking out.

Just print out what you just wrote and show your psych. He will be able to ask you appropriate questions, etc.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.