Hearing voices

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by heyshazza, Jan 29, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. heyshazza

heyshazza Member

I don't know if most people would consider this a crisis or not, but I'm putting it here because for me it is.

I am hearing voices, and this has never happened to me before. I'm home alone but I can hear people talking to me. I can't call my psychiatrist because I just "fired" her for telling me I'm hopeless.

I want these voices to stop because they're scaring me. And I'm scaring myself because I'm getting to the point where I'll do anything it takes to make them go away.

I have a lot of issues, but this has never been one of them. I don't know what to do and I'm really frightened.
  2. Vangelis

Vangelis Well-Known Member

Put on your favorite song or genre of music and play that out loud. Start singing, and you'll be hearing your own voice pretty soon. Once you're at ease, tell someone that you can trust and won't call you crazy, what those voices were saying to you and where could it be coming from.
  3. heyshazza

heyshazza Member

I started to respond with all that won't work for me, but then I thought, what have I got to lose? So, thanks. I'll give it a try.
  4. IV2010

IV2010 Well-Known Member

I hope that the music works for you but as soon as you are able can you talk to a doctor and see if you can get a new phsychiatrist??....I don't blame you for sacking the other one but i'm sure there are better ones out there....
  5. Avarice

Avarice Well-Known Member

Whether you'd be hearing voices or not you most likely do need a new psychiatrist to replace the previous one, so you should get right on that and talk to them about these voices when you get the chance. Until then, just try getting stuck into something like playing a game or perhaps go out someplace with a friend or two or go somewhere busy where people will be talking anyway and distract yourself. I really hope they go away soon or that you're just confused or tired. Good luck and let us know how it goes! :sad:
  6. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

I would go to your emergency dept and let the doctors know there what is happening so they can get you stable. The will give you medication to take the voices away Go okay stay safe.
  7. heyshazza

heyshazza Member

I won't go to the hospital. I'd rather hear voices telling me to kill myself and follow through on it than go to the hospital. I've been in there too many times and too many bad experiences.
    The music didn't help, but it did distract me for awhile at least.
    I don't have anyone to tell. I am looking for a new psychiatrist, but it's not going well.
    I thought about calling my therapist, but she can't do anything with my meds. And she'll stick me in the hospital for any type of self-harm, including biting fingernails, so I'm positive she'll stick me in there for hearing voices.
    So for now I'll take some sleeping pills and try to distract myself online until I can fall asleep. And hopefully when I wake up this will hall have just been a bad dream.
  8. supermodel

supermodel Well-Known Member

Hang in there heyshazza. I don't know anything about what you're going through but don't give up.
  9. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

Have your therapist refer you to a shrink..I was hearing voices and kept seeing shadows so they put me on a med for skyzophrenia.. At first it only worked partially but they increased the dose and now I don't hear the voices and only see shadows everynow and then.. I don't tell them because I don't want them to change my meds..The help is there you just need to seek it out..Good Luck!!
  10. heyshazza

heyshazza Member

Thanks. I'll ask my therapist for a referral.
  11. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

YOur doctor can help you out considerable as there are so many medications that can help the voices go away. Just go to walk in clinic ever they will prescribe you something until you see your doctor.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.