Heart Problems

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by ~PinkElephants~, Oct 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ~PinkElephants~

~PinkElephants~ Senior member

Im not sure if this is where this goes, if it's not by all means mods can move it to appropriate spot.

The past week my heart has been beating irregularily(sp) on occasion and it just doesn't feel right. It kind of hurts. It's hard to explain really. Like right now my chest just feels wierd, like pressure on my heart or something. My heart starts to pick up pace and then it slows down and I'm left with my chest aching. I'm not running around etc. Currently I'm lying down in bed and it's doing it.

Yes, I have been known to abuse pills. I don't know if I can say what I've been taking so I won't, but Im not sure if those could have some reason why I'm like this atm.

Any thoughts, opinions, possible reasoning would help quite a bit. Thanks and hope everyone is well.

:hug:

2. Robin

Robin Guest

I've been having similar symptoms for a week now, maybe it's something they put in the water :mad: I put it down to stress but if you can I would get it checked out asap, I doubt anything is wrong but if there is something then you want to catch it as soon as you can :hug:

3. ~PinkElephants~

I can't get it checked out without it costing me a fortune. :sad: i have no medical insurance..so theyd rather have me suffer than get adequate care. I'm hoping if i lay off drugs it will ease up and pass. :dunno:

Thank you robin :hug:

4. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

I understand about the cost Kelly, but you could visit a county health nurse. they can listen to your heartbeat and lungs and see if they detect anything. If so they will refer you on. Generally the county health nurse charges nothing or a minimal fee for something like that. It can be due to stress or anxiety as well as so many other things, but what is important is to get the more serious ones ruled out. :hug:

5. ~PinkElephants~

I realized now after waking up and getting up and then lying back down that most of the time my heart hurts whene im lying on my stomach. I dont know if it's pressure or something else. >< gah no docs only if it gets worse.

6. liveinhope

liveinhope Well-Known Member

hi hun
    stres medicaion or a combiation of the 2 can cause symptoms, but i agree with Gentle you should just have a check up becouse it culd also be a heart prob hun, im sure its not but a nurse or Dr could put your mind at ease
    please go hun :unsure:

7. Trip the Dark fantastic

Trip the Dark fantastic Well-Known Member

I very much support the advice given here of having it checked out sooner rather than later. Palpitations of the heart can be brought on by a variety of causes but certainly alcohol, recreational drugs..etc...are detrimental.

As there are many possible causes, it doesn't make sense of speculating what they might be in your individual case. What definitely would be beneficial is to stop taking 'pills' (unless prescribed by a GP) and seek medical advice (whatever form that may take - county health nurse is a good start).

8. resistance

resistance Staff Alumni

That's been happening to me quite a few times recently. I do suggest you seeing a doctor, you say you'll go if it get worse but how worse? If you have a heart attack? :unsure: It may be nothing to worry about but stay on the safe side hun and get it checked out.

9. Terry

Terry Antiquities Friend Staff Alumni

Right, we have an epidemic cos been having similar :eek:hmy:

Any pain whilst eating Kells? thinking along the line of a hiatus hernia:

http://hcd2.bupa.co.uk/fact_sheets/html/Hiatus_hernia.html

Hopefully its just you are stressed out, but if you have one of those free clinics near you, I would definetly get this checked.

10. JohnADreams

JohnADreams Well-Known Member

I used to have them once every few weeks myself due to anxiety. Odd thing was they came quite a while after stress and hardly ever during it.

Have it checked out, it'll help you not to worry so much about it and that is often enough to make it a little better. :smile:

11. ~PinkElephants~

thanks everyone. chest is still bothering me...I'm sitting up now and it's sore. Idk what's up. I'll check it out sooner or later. :hug:

12. chilli

chilli Guest

I used to get when I was severely anaemic (as in on the verge of dropping dead), but it was worst when I was lying on my side or back (but then again, I never ever lie on my stomach).

My aunt had chest problems and she dropped down dead from heart failure, it's not worth the risk. I know money is a fucker, but you do need to be checked out.

13. Puddytat

Puddytat Well-Known Member

OMG this must definately be going around. Ive been having it really bad lately. last night i actually started thinking someone had maybe poisoned me! :eek:hmy: and this morning i felt like i was gonna have a heart attack. i cant understand it coz im pretty healthy. i dont take any drug of any kind and i havent really changed any routines. i also dont want to go through the cost and effort of getting it checked out so im hoping it will pass but if it stress related i doubt that will happen any time soon. i actually googled broken heart syndrome, i think it could be that!?

14. kath

kath Well-Known Member

Hi.Guess could be a result of stress or anxiety.But i too have/have had problems with pills.

Once i ended up being dragged to hospital [pity] but when i got there they checked my heart and they said they were amazed that i hadnt notice how fast it was beating and it was irregular too or something.But i hadnt noticed.No different than normal to me.They then made me have ECG's regularly for the next week and a half or fortnight.

What im trying to say is that it could be fairly important to get this checked out.i cant look after myself anymore. But i hope you can.

If you want to talk more always feel free to PM.

How are you now?

Take care
    kath

15. Puddytat

Puddytat Well-Known Member

well... i called the nhs and they said any chest pains should be taken seriously so i went to the A&E to get it checked, they did an ecg but they didnt find anything unusual. they basically ruled out any serious problems said i should come back if anything changes. kinda sucks coz ive still got the pain and i didnt like their answer but yeah i guess its good to know that there is nothing life threatening. better to be safe than sorry. its just a major inconvienience to go through!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.