Heath Ledger (RIP)...

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by ~Claire, Feb 22, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ~Claire

~Claire Well-Known Member

got his Oscar :mellow:.

Thought I'd share that with you all since it's on Sky Movies the now & everyone is making a big deal over it. Can't help but wonder if he would have won had he still been alive :unsure:.

I'm off to bed now :smile:

2. wheresmysheep

wheresmysheep Staff Alumni

I personally think he would have, his performance is amazing int The Dark Knight. when i saw it, bar one sceene, i forgot it was him, didnt even look like him imho.

bravo heath.

RIP

3. Shiroi_Hana

Shiroi_Hana Well-Known Member

Frankly, yes.

I was not a big fan of his. The movies he did weren't always the best. But I always agreed that he did have talent, and his last movie definitely brought that out. It was obvious he suffered for his art, and even though it destroyed him, it made him very memorable in the movie world. I think he deserved that Oscar, and it would probably have been a better experience if he would have received it when he was alive.

4. Mightbehere

Mightbehere Well-Known Member

I'm going to watch the dark knight tonight, I'm looking forward to it.

5. Longshot

Longshot Active Member

I think he deserves it, regardless of his death.
    I'm very much against the hype some people get "just" because they die. Dying does not make you a better actor/musician/whatever... I mean, the dead should be revered, and passing is a tragedy, but we should keep our eye on what an oscar is for.

That said, his performance was outstanding in The Dark Knight. The movie in itself is what it is... A batman film. But Heath really delivered a performance I have never seen the like of.

6. wheresmysheep

wheresmysheep Staff Alumni

:agreed:

7. ~Claire

A few people commentating on Sky had mentioned they didn't think that he would have won had he still been alive. Out of all nominations in Best Supporting Actor, The Dark Knight was the only film I'd seen, so I think he deserved it.

I was never a fan of his but I agree you wouldn't even know it was him playing the role.

8. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

Boy I must really be out of touch because of my isolation. I didn't even know he was dead.. What happen?? As far as the Dark Night he was extraordinary in it!!! I don't think any one else could have portrayed that part any better!!!

9. ~Claire

He died last January Joseph, from an accidental overdose.

There was a lot of speculation at the time as to whether it was suicide or not.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.