heath ledger suicide

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by LILICHIPIE, Jan 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LILICHIPIE

LILICHIPIE Well-Known Member

FUCK
    I loved him from brokeback mountains
    just found out that he passed away from overdose
    he had everything to live for

:blink:

2. ~PinkElephants~

~PinkElephants~ Senior member

they havent ruled it anything yet. they still have to do autopsy and run toxicology. it could have been a number of things

3. LILICHIPIE

LILICHIPIE Well-Known Member

I know but according to the new york times; as quoted sleeping pills are to blame; as found next to his bed
    anyhow; suicide or not i found this tragic

4. ~PinkElephants~

it did not say anything about him taking pills just that there were pills lying around. for all we know he could have just died from something liek a heart condition.

dragon has posted a thread already about this..i think this should be merged

5. ~PinkElephants~

watching news atm they are saying he was clean off drugs for over a year, possibility of pneumonia, drugs werenot found around his body btu sleeping pills were found as a perscription. Found at foot of bed ..wondering if he collapsed of heartproblems or complications of the pneumonia

6. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

i just saw it on the news its awful:sad: he was such an awesome actor, R.I.P Heath.

7. pit

pit Well-Known Member

What a waste.

I was looking forward to him in more Batman sequels as the Joker. I feel bad for his family, especially his daughter. I here he was a really great, nice guy. It's truly a tragedy.

8. SweetVitriol

SweetVitriol Antiquitie's Friend

The world will be a poorer place for his absence..
    May those who survive him find the strength to carry on...

9. darling1974

darling1974 Member

I just found out about this too. I feel terrible when someone young and talented dies. And I really liked him too, thought he was a substantial talent. Reminds me of how I felt when River Phoenix died. It's a strange loss, when you don't know a person but still feel the pain of their passing.

10. ToHelp

ToHelp Well-Known Member

"It's a strange loss, when you don't know a person but still feel the pain of their passing."

^
    Darling I feel ya: Peter Jennings. His passing from cancer was immensely affecting to me. Knew that man from since he first became the main anchorman on ABC World News. What's that - 20 YEARS? Twenty years of 6:30 EST every night.

Yeah it's rough. For those of us actually trying to live, such "surprise" reminders of our innate mortality is always sobering I suppose.

ToHelp

11. rojomi

rojomi Banned Member

It wasn't reported as a suicide. He died. Lots of us have pills around.
    A great loss-seems pointless to schedule a massage if you plan on being dead.

12. darling1974

darling1974 Member

Yes, Peter Jennings was a palpable loss too. I suppose we become comfortable with the repeated presence of a person, without having any real contact with them. This is a product of living in multiple realities, those of our own lived lives, and those lives that we live through remote, virtual connections.

13. Angelo_91

Angelo_91 Well-Known Member

yeah it was a waste i remember that medieval movie he was in.. good movie

14. Dave_N

Dave_N Guest

I guess Heath's death shows us that having all the money in the world and being a famous movie star doesn't mean that we will truly be happy. The grass isn't always greener on the other side. I never watched Brokeback Mountain, but I'm sure he did a great job in it. He will surely be missed by many people. I hope that his decision to end his life doesn't cause others to follow suit.

15. worlds edge

worlds edge Well-Known Member

Nah, but what discussions like this do mean is that if he'd been short and fat with bad skin and bad teeth nobody'd have given two sweet shits about his passing, suicide or not. Certainly nobody'd be starting threads about them here.

And yet a "pro-life" orientation demands that the hypothetical individual cited above is somehow every bit as important as Heath Ledger. After all, all life is quantitatively a good thing if you're "pro-life." And yet some get threads mourning their passing, most do not. Perhaps a pro-life believer will explain this contradiction.

This is a bit premature on your part. I don't think a definitive determination has been made yet on a cause of death, never mind whether it was accidental or deliberate.

Unlikely, I'd imagine.

16. resistance

resistance Staff Alumni

Because pills were involved people are jumping to the concluision it was suicide. Suicide has not been confirmed. Actually, quite the opposite, so far it looks like it wasn't a suicide.

17. Terry

Terry Antiquities Friend Staff Alumni

Could we all just wait for the autopsy report before we go deciding what happened here.
    Conjecture and rumour about what happened is just plain GOSSIP!!

18. forlorn

forlorn Staff Alumni

It is a tragic loss for his family, friends and fans who wiil all miss him. You can have everything, the fame the fortune and still have nothing. The simple things in life thats what gets us through. Money makes you forget them.

19. ToHelp

ToHelp Well-Known Member

Gotta say Darling, that is one of the more profound and astute posts I've read on here so far.

And not to add to the lashing of the OP but to the other posters: Isn't it curious; more importantly, "telling," or revealing how our minds can automatically assume suicide?

I can hear an outside observer saying right now: Why of course you would. You're on Suicide Forum.

Hmm. That's why I say "here's to life," y'all. I try to keep my thoughts life-affirming, making all the more mysterious just how I happened to sign up on a joint called... THE SUICIDE FORUM. lol

Well, it's funny though! Was obviously (duh) in a depressed mood on THAT night! :)

ToHelp

20. ToHelp

ToHelp Well-Known Member

You're missing the fame and familiarity apect, of course.. Ledger is mourned because was known and loved.

Slightly byzantine but I see what you're arguing (or positing). You're venturing more into a philosophical "why" on the value of life.

Given that we are endowed with life, I would counter that the state of "being alive" does not directly correlate with orientation because the state is a given. It is natural. The value of life is innate. Assigning a "value" of being dead is pretty absurd, eh?

Your stance intrigues me. :)

The very notion of "pro" life outside of abortion topics seems bizarre. Mork, which is more natural? Birth or an early ending of a sentient being's own life?

Talk to me....

ToHelp

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.