heh, so who here hates me?

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Ripx, Nov 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ripx

Ripx Well-Known Member

2. JohnADreams

JohnADreams Well-Known Member

It didnt bother me at all, I agreed with most of it.

3. Ripx

Ripx Well-Known Member

well it was a bit malicous.....

but anyways, i just read another thread on the front page that kinda had me scratching my head. I wont point it out, but by its so trivial its not even funny. there are a million other forums that they could have went to for advice, it didn't even seem like they were truly in crisis. oh well, ill just ignore them.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 26, 2007
  4. Acy

Acy Mama Bear - TLC, Common Sense Staff Member Safety & Support

I never hated you or anyone else here. But I still say people's pain can't be measured against each other, because how people perceive and deal with pain is individual. Pain and hard life challenges are not a contest about who has it worst. To each person, his or her own pain is exquisite if he or she can't or doesn't know how to cope - regardless of its "severity" (or "non-severity") in someone else's eyes.

In realistic terms, yes, some people have very serious problems to deal with that are huge challenges. A person with tons on their plate will probably wonder why someone feels so upset by what they might consider a minor irritation in their own life. But to the person with the problem, it can feel major. And maybe part of this person's overall problem is that every problem is "major" or a crisis to him or her. (Who knows?)

Sometimes people have no understanding of the kinds of problems others face. Maybe they are selfish and self-centered. Maybe it's because of limited life experience and exposure to others with problems. It could be a faulty bit of wiring in the way their brains work and they cannot see or feel for others.

When I come to a forum like this, no matter what the nature of the problem would mean to me, I respect that other people are hurting in terms of their own capacity and capabilities. It's not mine to judge them.

5. JohnADreams

JohnADreams Well-Known Member

Pain is most definitely relative as is the ability to cope with pain. The problem I have is that some think that it's fine to use emotional blackmail in order to get support when all they really have to do is ask for it. It isnt fair on those that support them, or on anyone who might end up being ignored in favour of those who are more able to gain attention for themselves.

6. Shane0880

Shane0880 New Member

I agree with 90% of what you wrote

7. smackh2o

smackh2o SF Supporter

Keep in mind a lot of us are miserable as well, and i'm a grumpy miserable twit :laugh: . Put two opposite opinions in a field and there bound to get worked up. Assuming opinions are bulls for the sake of argument. I don't know :unsure:

8. masashin

masashin Guest

Def not, i enjoy your thread...but i guess there are SOME attention whores who are REALLY suicidal and it helps if they do the same old thing again and again and again ": i'm gonna kill myself blablabla" followed by the standard SF reaction(s) "hun no, i love you blablabla" ..but i guess it DOES help,

I wish i was like that, but i know it doesn't do s##t for me..my problems won't disappear by people who i don't know who keep saying it will get better blablabla when i know it won't:dry:.

So no, i don't hate you, i applause you for being yourself AND you even started this thread not to apologize..no..but to understand why everyone went gangbang on you...kudos:smile:

9. Spearmint

Spearmint Well-Known Member

I don't hate you, I actually agreed with a few points you made. You just have to remember, we're on a suicide forum, and I don't think people like their posts to be referred to as attention seeking. :laugh:

10. Ripx

Ripx Well-Known Member

thanks shane for creating an account soley to reply to this thread lol

11. The_Discarded

The_Discarded Staff Alumni

Nope, no hate here.

'Though I'm not sure what you were trying to accomplish with that post, it made sense on several points. Made me itch with frustration on a couple of others.

It went for a few sweeping generalizations accompanied by a lack of understanding, but if you eliminate some such parts, it was fine. I think you've got to keep in mind that others' pain sometimes hinders their ability to reason. They reach out in whatever way they think best, as did (I assume) you. Sometimes it's aggravating, but to each his own, eh?

Are you doing any better at all, btw? :arms:

12. Ripx

Ripx Well-Known Member

same old, just numb and disapointed.

13. Acy

Acy Mama Bear - TLC, Common Sense Staff Member Safety & Support

Ripx and others,

You're lots of fun. I'm way too serious for anyone else's good. Thanks for the lighter remarks, the serious concerns, the level heads, and also to whoever used the term "Attention Whore" - I love it! :laugh:: LOL!

14. lulu rose

lulu rose Guest

well. I just read it, I can see why alot of people would be offended. Now:

I sort of made a post along the lines of "I'm gunna do it" but my post was made after I'd done it (pills) and as I was waiting for them to take effect. So I hadn;t really "chickened out" so to speak, but it diddn't work, does that come under the same lines for you?.

I dont know if you know my background at all, but alot of people seem to think that the only reason I tried to off myself was because my boyfriend left me.

That wasn't the only reason, it was just the icing on the big old cake of shit, it was my trigger in other words. Theres a whole load of other stuff that came before it, and has resulted from it that made, and still makes me want to just end.

I could go into it, but I wont, since most of it's on here and like, I'm sick of talking about it now.

So do I actually come under your line of people who piss you off?. I will agree though. My ability to reason is very crap (it actually is, I'm not being sarcastic, I get blinded by fear)

but like I say, him leaving me isn;t the only reason, it was just the most recent thing that tipped the scale, the scale was already 90% full before he left me.

I do agree with what you said though, and like, you know as well as I do, theres no good way of saying anything like that is there? someones ALWAYS going to take offence.

also lol at shane! XD I just noticed that! and yeah. I agree with another persons post here, for some people the constant attention from strangers helps, and for some it doesnt. For me it doesn't, I just post now and then to see if anyones got any helpfull hints or tips on how to cope e.c.t. What I do isn't really attention seeking, more umm how would you say it....I cant think now. Putting a question or info out there to gauge a response, get feedback or see how others deal with it.

whats that called? god damn my short term memory.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2007
  15. smackh2o

smackh2o SF Supporter

Lots of people crave some sort of attention. Maybe from random people, maybe from close friends and relatives, maybe from themselves...
    If they don't get it then what do they do? Sit and feel alone and trapped. Maybe they never will do anything, or maybe they will.

I guess it's like that advert for African fisherman. Give a man a fish, and he can feed himself for a day. Give him the ability to fish and he can feed himself and his family for a lifetime.
    People need to be taught that although it is good to rely on attention, at some point we need to find a way of coping on our own as well. That doesn't mean 'pull yourself together', but to ease into a new way of thinking and a new way of life, over a period of time with a lot of help and support and care. <IMO

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.