Heh? Want to regain my motivation.

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by Escapist, Nov 11, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Escapist

Escapist Well-Known Member

Hello SF

For some reason i've lost my motivation. Anything that I do, or want to do is just difficult. Early in the morning, i'm bursting with ideas, suggestions anything really, but then once I've got the oppurtunity to do something with the said ideas and suggestions, there seems to be no will in me that wishes to do so. For example, this thread. Earlier today, I was thinking of making a thread like this, but now that i'm doing so. I fail to see it's use, and don't think i'll manage to get the point across. It's just so weird, because the sudden lack of motivation makes things that i'm doing a bore and useless at first sight.

No idea what to do really. :|

Thank you however for taking the time to read this through, and any advice that will be given. It's appreciated.
  2. Juliaa

Juliaa Well-Known Member

Well at least you have some motivation, even if it's just for a short time!
    When you're doing something just think, "I can do it", because, you can. :hug:
  3. Escapist

Escapist Well-Known Member

I guess that's true, but it's easier said than done really. D:
    I'll try to follow your advice and do anything that springs to mind directly if possible. If not, i'll try to hold the thought and attempt to do it later.

Thank you. :]
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 12, 2010
  4. johnnysays

johnnysays Well-Known Member

When I was a kid, we went to school in 4 feet of snow uphill both ways!!!!

...and you would have been called lazy!

Been there. Reminds me of some of my programming projects. I'll work on the idea for 10-15 days then once I can see how much work it'll really require, I quit. I tell myself something like: "This will take a couple years at this rate. I don't want to waste my life this way." Fast forward two years later: "Gee, I wish I kept working on it because I wasted my life anyway." And you know what? I still do it. No idea why I don't learn.

I also get trapped into comparing myself to much smarter people than myself. Once I recognize how stupid I am, I quit. And then when I sit down to review my recent life, I see a long line of failed efforts. Many of them ended this way. It's a self-fulfilling prophecy. I think that blindingly passionately mindlessly feverishly working on an idea to its completion with a single-mindedness might be a good trait to have because I don't have it.

Maybe we need the casimir effect. The gecko uses it to run across a ceiling without falling down.

Maybe we're incompetent. Or lazy. Just need to pick ourselves up and bite the bullet go through 4 feet of snow uphill both ways.

Or maybe it's a neurological condition. Genetic? That would explain a lot of things I think for me.

Maybe we're doing all the wrong things in all the wrong places. Or maybe I'm over-thinking it (lord knows nobody can stop me).

By saying 'we' or 'ourselves' i'm not implying we have equal parts. I'm speaking distantly. Forgive me.
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 13, 2010
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.