Held a knife to my own chest..

Discussion in 'After Effects' started by TheLonelyAloePlant, Mar 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheLonelyAloePlant

TheLonelyAloePlant Well-Known Member

I was going through this terrible bout of depression.. I picked up a knife and held it to my chest.

But I put it down because I thought it would be too painful. I still feel guilty, but let down, in a way.

What would have happened if I had succeeded? Would anyone have cared?
  2. nagisa

nagisa Chat & Forum Buddy Staff Alumni

I'm sure there are people in your life who would care. People you hardly know would have cared. :hug:

What happened to make you feel so desperate?
  3. ColdSummer

ColdSummer Well-Known Member

I've done that countless times...didn't really see it as a big deal. you know you probably would never do it and thats a good thing. I dont know if people would have cared, only you know the answer to that.
  4. WhyMeWhy

WhyMeWhy Well-Known Member

I'd have cared. A life lost affects us all! I'm glad you didn't go through w/ it. Despite what you may think everyone here cares. Now that may not be enough but it's a start. :hug:
  5. ~CazzaAngel~

~CazzaAngel~ Staff Alumni

I would care and I know others would as well. I am sorry you are feeling so awful hun. I'm always here if you need to talk, Take care of yourself. :hug:
  6. dazzle11215

dazzle11215 Staff Alumni

I have done the same thing, and willed myself to make that cut...
    It's a really frightening thing to have done, and afterwards it took a few weeks for the shock of it to wear off. Keep talking, keep sharing, and know that we care.
    Many others here have shared similar despairing moments and survived. You can survive, too. I'm glad you posted,

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.