Held back, now have let go

Discussion in 'Positive Feelings and Motivational Messages' started by Starlite, Feb 11, 2009.

1. Starlite

Starlite Senior Member

For the past 5 months or so, since after my suicide attempt, I began holding back from saying things to the people I know in real life that hurt me either intentionally or unintentionally. Something in particular with a person kept happening and I never said anything about how it was making me feel. I kept it inside and i started seeing myself fall back into a particular pattern of mine. So yesterday morning when I got up, I told myself that TODAY is the day I will approach this person with how I am feeling.

So, I did, and not with an attiude of authoritaranism, but used alot of I's and Me's instead of You's. So the final outcome? We better understand each other, and have more respect for one another.

I just wanted to share this because it was a big accomplishment for me to reach this point to let someone else know how their actions made me feel!

2. Mikeintx

Mikeintx Well-Known Member

Good work Karen, im glad it worked out for you :hug:
  3. LastCrusade

LastCrusade Well-Known Member

well done! at least you have taken the first step to try to stand up for yourself!