Hello, a brief introduction

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by triedtoomanytimes, Jul 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. triedtoomanytimes

triedtoomanytimes Well-Known Member

Hello everyone,
    I'm here after doing the rounds of pro and anti suicide sites. Just on the slow climb back to some sort of 'normality' after what seems like the hundredth attempt to end it all. The desire to die never really goes away, it just hides in a corner of my head poking it's face 'round the corner much too often for comfort.
    I'm not too good with web sites, not good at talking, not good at 'friendships', in fact, probably not too different to many others on here, but I have a belief it helps sometimes to be among your own kind so to speak, so I'm here to ask for help, and to help if I can.
    Don't take that too literally just yet, I'm at the stage where emotionally I haven't a bloody clue what I want, but I reckon reading other people's experiences and feelings and given time, I'll be able to put into words something of my own and maybe help someone else in a similar position.
    ok, I talk crap, I'll shut up now and go work out how to get 'round the site.
    best wishes to everyone

T.

2. jimk

jimk Staff Alumni

Hi and welcome TTMT.. Think you will find some other ppl here in a similar place as you.. We are very much pro continuing to live here. Hopefully making a friend or two and having things some better is ou goal for everyone..

Look around some at your own pace..get any questions please just let us know.. jim

3. Zardo

Zardo Banned Member

Hello there fellow UK member, hope you find this place helpful.

4. youRprecious!

youRprecious! Antiquities Friend

Hi TTMT - You're not talking crap at all :) The death-wish is actually, believe it or not, a deeply unconscious desire for things to be better. The more you desire it, sometimes the more it manifests in our feelings just how you describe.

But, there is also a part of you that very genuinely and urgently wants things to be better. Negative feelings are actually a motivator trying to steer us in another direction.

Is this a thought worth pursuing perhaps?

5. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

:welcome: to the forum. I am glad you chose to join our community. i know you will find positive support here. :hug:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.