Hello about depression effects in your life

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by lucianasuicideforum, Jun 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hello everyone... I'm new here:anony: I was wondering if aynoen is suffering from "post" - depression side effects? It's not really post depression i think because I'm not sure I'm through with being depressed. But I've been feeling NOT depressed for a while, so I think i am in a new period of my life. Because i'm not so consumed with suicidal thoughts and being down right now, althoug I still feel like that a few times _ really nothing comparared to what i used to feel _ I'm paying attention to other problems in my life now.
    I feel like some kind of Dark Sleeping Beauty. I was severely depressed for 10 years, now it's like I woke up and lost 10 years of my life. I know they weren't totally lost, but in some areas I feel like i was in a coma. I haven't had any love life (or sex life) for all this time, my work didn't progress, and I have debts. I started paying attention to my work and finances again and i'm horrified. I'm working with people 10 or plus years younger than me and they're way so much further, I'm as good as someone who's just starting. I have worked since I was 16 and now i'm 39 and don't have a dime, still live with my parents because I have no money to move, have no car AND have got credit card debts.
    These are things i used to consider secondary when i was hurting and thinking about ending my life. Obviously i have also spent a FORTUNE in anti-depressive meds and shrinks. Oh and I gained weight too. 40 pounds.
    I'm on all those things now, am very enthusiasc about work for the first time in 12 years or so and am studying again. also I've got my libido back!! though all that Topiramate and venlafaxine and so on took away my (sorry this is GROSS) vaginal lubrification.
    So I would like to ask you here if you have any other problems in your life other than depression. Anyway they're all linked right? I think depression caused all those problems in may life. What do you think?
  2. Viro

Viro Well-Known Member

40 pounds is not an impossible amount to lose. If you begin exercising and dieting, it might also help your mental state as well.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.