Hello All

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by chickscanrocktoo, Sep 19, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chickscanrocktoo

chickscanrocktoo New Member

Hello there.

I suppose first things first. My name is Stacey. I reside in the state of New York. I am 26 years old and was diagnosed bi-polar when I was 15.

I am a lover of all things horror and work in my spare time as a special effects makeup artist. I work in my local indie film industry as a PA, scripty, ad, actor, pretty much everything I can get my hands on. I play trumpet and bass. I like long walks on the beach and... lets end this now before it turns into a singles ad, shall we?

Speaking of I just got out of an emotionally and sometimes physically abusive engagement. I know this should be a positive but as we all know that is easier said than done. I am doing my best.

I battle with some pretty severe downswings from time to time and figured that this might be a good outlet. It is my first time in a forum (imagine that)

2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Hi chickscanrocktoo this is a pretty good place hun to reach out for support glad you found us welcome to SF

3. prakash

prakash Well-Known Member

keep writing here. we read and listen. we care.

4. chickscanrocktoo

I really appreciate it all very much.

5. Yoyogirl86

Yoyogirl86 Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum

6. Goneofftrack

Goneofftrack Member

Hi Chickscanrock, it sounds like your into rock music, I'm big of fan of bands like Blink 182, nickleback etc. Welcome to the forum, you have a really good job, I may send you a message for a few tips on make up. Sorry to hear your struggling with bipolar, that's in the word of singer plumb * sunshine and rain* , but im glad to hear you got out of the unhealthy relationship, maybe now it will allow you to heal and give you the opportunity to learn how to trust and love again.

I'm new here too, I have only been here 2/3 days, but the members are really supportive and caring, you will feel safe here. They don't judge, they listen and offer understanding :)

7. chickscanrocktoo

Thank you.
    I love music. I am a lover of all genres, POP, rock(and all sub-genres), world, folk, trance, industrial, metal, jazz, swing, big band, you name it.

EDIT: Feel free to message me anytime. I am always available to chat.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 23, 2013
  8. LostInMyDaydreams

LostInMyDaydreams Well-Known Member

Hello there and welcome to the forum! :) Glad you decided to join the forum.
    Just wanted to let you know you, you're not alone. I suffer with bi polar as well and it's pretty hard for me to make it through the days sometimes.

Keep posting and sharing your thoughts with us. We'll be here to listen. :)

9. flowers

flowers Senior Member

hi Chickscanrock
    You sound like someone who is very interesting. Lots of interest in the arts. I am sorry you suffer with bi-polar. I am glad you have a career that is enjoyable and fun. I love the arts. And music as well.

I do not know if you are aware of this. When people are in a relationship with an abusive person, they get pieces of themselves taken away. It is the emotional aspect of the abuse that does this. They usually think less of themselves. They usually no longer feel the strength they once did. While the power, self esteem etc will return. It does take time and often help to get there. so if you feel like you are not as you used to be, this part of you will return. As strong as ever. For some, even stronger than ever.

I say this only because I do not want people thinking that they cannot recover. Because as coomon as abuse is in a relationship, thats how common the temporary damage is. And thats also how common the healing of that damage happens.

I am glad you found this community. I think its a very good place. And I think you are a great addition to the community !!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.