Hello all...

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by tiki8889, Oct 13, 2016.

1. tiki8889

tiki8889 New Member

Hello all.
    To be honest I dont know why even am I writing this message. I just need a place to relieve my pain, and just say it out loud. I am 19 years old, and I have hairloss. It is quite a big deal for me as I was always known for my hair and now since it is going away I am feeling really depressed. I can still hide it with my long hairstyle and it is not noticable yet, but oh boy. It hurts so much. Just to see all other people and my classmates with perfect hair. People don't even know how hair is important for a male. I see that now. Like, 3-4 years ago I never thought about hairloss. No one did. And since it is happening to me right now, I can tell you for sure it's impact on my life is huge. I check my hair all the time. Touch it, just to be sure it is on the right place. I feel so bad late at night. I am just thinking about it. Sometimes I cry. The hardest thing is that everyone thinks that I am blefing. Like, my mom tells me - you are just thinking that you have hairloss, your hair is ok. And...It's just that I can't talk with my parents about this. I can't talk with anyone. It's weird for me. They don't realize how it destroys me from the inside. It really does. And, to be honest. I am doing good. I just enrolled in a fantastic school. I am a good looking guy ( girls often say that to me, I don't want to be narcistic ), I have people who love me, life is just going great. But this, this is just destroying me. It shouldn't be like this. I mean I am just 19 for godness sake. I don't want to kill myself. But sometimes...I don't know. I just feel so empty and betrayed. Anyways, I just wanted to say this out loud. I just need to share it. Don't know what to do honestly.

And, just to be clear. I know that this, what I am going through is nothing compared to other people on this forum. I am really sorry if this type of thing is not allowed. I am aware that people here have more serious issues and that my thing is nothing. If moderators find this post inappropriate, please delete it.

P.S. Sorry for my English, it isn't my native language.

2. Rockclimbinggirl

Rockclimbinggirl SF climber Staff Member Safety & Support

Welcome to the forum. I hope it helps. No two people's problems or pain is the same.

3. Innocent Forever

Innocent Forever Go as long as you can. And then take another step.

Welcome to the forum! Everyone's pain is their own and just as real.

4. PhoenixFailed

PhoenixFailed SF Supporter Study Facilitator

I agree with the others. Everyone's pain is real and there is no hierarchy.

I am sorry you are struggling. Have you been to the doctor? When I was a bit younger than you my hair started falling out as well. For me, it turned out my thyroid was under active and I needed to take supplemental thyroid hormone. My hair grew back and 30+ years later is still very full. I'm wondering if it isn't worth a trip to the doctor who might find a cause or have a solution. Just a thought.

5. PhoenixFailed

PhoenixFailed SF Supporter Study Facilitator

P.S. Low thyroid can also be a factor in depression. For me, regulating my thyroid did bring back my hair and some health but did not take away the depression. Again, just something to consider.