Hello all

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello all. New to the forum.
I'm a 42 yr old auto-mechanic living in Hutto, Tx.
1. I'm struggling to get my truck (a 94 F150) street worthy. I don't make a lot of money per week. I'm seriously undervalued at work, even though I work the hardest. I have my own tools, so I rarely use my boss's tools. I live right across the street from the shop, so, I'm basically on call.
2. I'm trying to maintain a potted garden. Some of the plants are doing okay. I need to build a greenhouse, but, I don't have the money.
3. I need to register my truck, but I don't have the time or the money.
4. It doesn't seem to matter how considerate that I am of others, I'm always stepped on, or ignored.

At this point, my ONLY goal is to get away from people. So, I need to 1. Get my truck street worthy, 2. Get my potted garden growing, 3. Gather whatever other supplies, and 4. Find a good place for bushcrafting.

I do see the irony in coming to people for help to get away from people. But I don't have any other option.

Waves

1. I'm struggling to get my truck (a 94 F150) street worthy. I don't make a lot of money per week. I'm seriously undervalued at work, even though I work the hardest. I have my own tools, so I rarely use my boss's tools. I live right across the street from the shop, so, I'm basically on call.
2. I'm trying to maintain a potted garden. Some of the plants are doing okay. I need to build a greenhouse, but, I don't have the money.
4. It doesn't seem to matter how considerate that I am of others, I'm always stepped on, or ignored.

At this point, my ONLY goal is to get away from people. So, I need to 1. Get my truck street worthy, 2. Get my potted garden growing, 3. Gather whatever other supplies, and 4. Find a good place for bushcrafting.

I do see the irony in coming to people for help to get away from people. But I don't have any other option.

Can you get a better paying job?

Last edited by a moderator:

Innocent Forever

πŸ’πŸ₯œπŸŒ
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter

Welcome to the SF family

BlueGreen

Hi and welcome @94F150I6, glad you found SF, it's a lovely supportive place. I really like your goals, I hope you can achieve them. I had to look up bushcrafting, that looks really interesting. Hmm, no.4 - well I would say that these two things often go together. Maybe it's time to put yourself first. Be nice but set boundaries. Let people down a couple of times (if it doesn't affect your job of course). I managed to get away from people because I had so many bad neighbours in my life and now I live in the countryside. But the neighbours across the field took a dislike without even talking to me! *facepalm It's really hard to get away, but they can be kept at a good distance! Anyway, I hope you will like it here.

Champagne

✯✯ Heart of an angel ✯✯
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
Hey and welcome to the forum, you sound like a down to earth person and you have lovely goals, I just wish people Irl appreciated you as much as you should be appreciated, sometimes it IS ok to say no. You don't have to be too nice and actually people might respect you more for you that way. I'm glad you found us here, you can make amazing friends here and I hope you stick around, welcome *hug

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$135.00
Goal
$255.00