Hello all

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know you all have more important things to attend to so I'll try to keep this brief – I've struggled with dysthymia for over 10 years and encounter suicidal thoughts far more often than I should. Sometimes it gets scary, but I am on medication and seeing a psychiatrist a few times a year. I have not had a strong support system since I was first diagnosed so I've learnt how to deal with it alone, but sometimes it can get unbearable as I'm sure many of you can relate. So here I am, trying new avenues to try and delay the inevitable.

I am glad you are here, and so brave of you to share your story.

Forgive me if I am not familiar with dysthymia.

Would you be so kind as to elaborate more on your story?

I’m very new here as well, everyone that I have engaged with are very supportive and helpful.

I lost my son to Suicide in 2015.

Thank you for responding. I'm so sorry for your loss – I simply can't imagine what it's like to lose someone so dear to you (I'm unmarried with no children). One of the things stopping me from following through, besides the pain, is the thought of hurting the people I would be leaving behind. So I live. Even if its a life I barely recognize as mine. I hope this sustains.

Dysthymia, as I have been informed, is low-grade depression that persists for extended periods :)

JDot

remember to drink plenty of water
Forum Pro
SF Supporter
I'm glad you found this forum. I hope you can start to think of us as part of your support system. You'll always have a place here to share your thoughts and feelings. Were here for you, and were glad to have you here.

Champagne

✯✯ Heart of an angel ✯✯
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
Hello @thedevotee

A warm welcome to the forums. I am glad you joined us here but sorry to hear you are struggling so badly. I hope SF can offer you an outlet to express yourself in confidence and please know that no one will judge you here and really as cheesy as it sounds we are all one big family, we support each other through the good and the bad, welcome aboard!!

*hug 💞💦

thedevotee

SF Supporter
Hello @thedevotee

A warm welcome to the forums. I am glad you joined us here but sorry to hear you are struggling so badly. I hope SF can offer you an outlet to express yourself in confidence and please know that no one will judge you here and really as cheesy as it sounds we are all one big family, we support each other through the good and the bad, welcome aboard!!

*hug 💞💦
Thanks for the words of encouragement *hug

Walker

Admin
SF Social Media
SF Author
SF Supporter
Hi, @thedevotee I'm glad you've posted after being here for a short time. We're glad you're able to start talking about what's going on. Jump in wherever and talk with others, go to chat or post threads of your own. You say in your post that you're sure people have "more important" things to attend to -- but really, what's more important that you in this moment? Every post, YOU are the most important person. That's what makes SF a great place to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00