Hello all

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by Mormmy, Nov 7, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mormmy

Mormmy New Member

Hi. I live in Australia, have 10 kids (brady bunch since jan 08), homeschool, am a firefighter. I lost my 17 year old brother on September 11 09. He hung himself because his girlfriend was breaking up with him. Am trying so hard to come to terms with that. It has torn our family apart. We are each grieving on our own, too scared to let the monster of our grief out by leaning on each other.

I have had a tough life, molested by my dad, beaten all my childhood by a strict parent, then straight into a domestic violence situation with my husband. I escaped from him with my then 5 children, went through a series of refuges for 2 years, was suicidal at times but sought help. At my lowest, I made a few attempts, and sometimes I was so comatose, my children dressed me. That was a few years ago. Sometimes I feel the dark side beckoning now, but it's only a shadow of what it once was. Not in my darkest imaginings would I ever have believed that I would where I am now. I have had men chase me for years, but it didn't matter if they were gorgeous, rich, young, they all looked the same to me. They were Men. I wasn't interested and thought there was something wrong with me, compounding how I was already feeling. Then one day, it happened. A man, who is not young, thin, rich, or even might be considered attractive by a lot of women, broke through my walls in literally 5 mins. We laugh every day. We have survived.

Now, I take every day one day at a time. My little brother was pretty much perfect. We literally never had one heated moment, or anger between us in our lives. He ate only after I ate, his sister. He supported me to the max. And now, although I have 4 other brothers, I feel like the only one who loved me has gone.

I am on this site to find hope. And to give it.

2. *sparkle*

*sparkle* Staff Alumni

hey welcome to the forum :hug: i hope you find the support and hope that you are looking for here. i was so sorry to read about what you have been through. hopefully you will find understanding and friendship to help you through it all :arms:

3. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

WElcome i hope you find some release here through posting and support of others. Your brother is still with you in spirit and watching out for you. I am sorry for your loss. take care.

4. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hi, welcome to the forum! I'm sorry for your loss :(

5. happyville

happyville Well-Known Member

I'm so sorry for your loss. Welcome to the forum. < 3

6. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

That was one of the most sad posts I have read.. I wish you all the best in recovering from it.. I'm glad you have found your soul mate to help you thru these times..Welcome to the forum.. If you need anything PM any of us..

7. morfea

morfea Antiquities Friend

Hello and welcome to the forum! Hope you can find help and comfort here like many of us have :)

8. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

:welcome: to SF. i am sorry to hear about the loss of your brother and also about the pain you have been through in your life. Survivng is not always easy and I applaud your courage in doing so. I hope you are able to find the type of support here that will help you through those dark times.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.