Hello all

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by Countdelafey, Sep 23, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Countdelafey

Countdelafey Active Member

Hello all. I've joined the forums for a couple of reasons. For as long as I remember I've wanted to cease living. I was about 5 when I first thought about suicide. In any case it's become clear to me that I'm just a big puss and I can't physically man up and do the deed. So I got the idea that maybe if I make a difference in other peoples lives who are dealing with the same or similar issues, I can not only be helping them but in turn seeing more value in my own existence. My name is Jake by the way, and I'm into the arts a lot: Comedy, I make heavy music, I'm getting into writing screenplays. Things of that nature.

2. Speedy

Speedy Staff Alumni

Welcome, Jake. :shake: Maybe one day you can show us a sneak peek of one of your screenplays! ~ Alex

3. jimk

jimk Staff Alumni

Hi Count, welcome to SF.. Jim

4. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Wecome to SF Jake hugs to you

5. metamorphosis17

metamorphosis17 Well-Known Member

Welcome :) It's cool that your write screenplays and make music! I've been very involved in the arts, myself.
    I tried to write a script once in highschool but never finished it. I seem better at poetry or stories, but I love the idea of writing for television or theater.

I started thinking about suicide at a very young age, too.

6. metamorphosis17

metamorphosis17 Well-Known Member

Welcome :) It's cool that your write screenplays and make music! I've been very involved in the arts, myself.
    I tried to write a script once in highschool but never finished it. I seem better at poetry or stories, but I love the idea of writing for television or theater.

I started thinking about suicide at a very young age, too.

7. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

Welcome to the forums Jake!! I don't have any talents but I like to read what others have to say..

8. Countdelafey

Countdelafey Active Member

Thanks for the warm welcome! I would love to show you guys one when it's finished. I have one right now but I'm still really working on the outline. It's kind of a road trip comedy Im sure you've all seen a million of those, but it deals with depression and suicidal thoughts as well. I believe that it's important for films to trigger a range of different emotions, because it just seems to me more life like. Stranger don't sell yourself short! You definitely have a talent. Is it possible that you haven't looked hard enough? Or maybe there's something you dropped too soon to really find your nack for it?
    And meta I don't blame you for stopping writing it cus it's a tough process
    : X but I can't give up until I finish, it's just part of who I am I guess.

9. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

:welcome: to the forums.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.