Hello... am reaching out.

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by Hopeful, Jan 2, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hopeful

Hopeful Member

Since I have been viewing several forums like this lately, I am not sure if it was on this one that I read a post that put some sense into my head. The post was addressed to someone else, but the message made me think. I really can't take my life. Not with the pain it would cause my loved ones. I have to stay alive, even though it's painful for me right now. Thank you whoever explained in the post the effects it can have. It's so hard to step out of ourselves in a depression.

2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Hi Hopeful nice to meet you You are right in saying hun it is so hard to step out of ourselves when depression is taking over I hope you continue to reach out here and in the real world hun for support to pull you out of the darkness ok h ugs

3. youRprecious!

youRprecious! Antiquities Friend

Hi Hopeful, and welcome to SF :) I second what TE has said - this is what we're all trying to do here, stepping out of ourselves to look at our situations more objectively, gain deeper insights and find our real selves - and most of the time, human nature being what it is, it takes our trials and tribulations to get the job done - but it's worth it!!

4. WildCherry

WildCherry Staff Member ADMIN

Hi and welcome to the forum! I'm so glad you're reaching out... it takes a lot and is a huge step forward.

5. Hopeful

Hopeful Member

Thanks you guys for the encouragement. It's a decision I have to make every day to stay alive. One step at a time...

6. youRprecious!

youRprecious! Antiquities Friend

Yes, it's also how elephants are best eaten - in small pieces not all at once :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.