Hello, and a resource

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by kembe, Nov 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kembe

kembe New Member

Hi! I came across this forum a few days ago. I'm a suicide attempt survivor, and I want to share a resource. I know there are many reasons to keep pretty quiet about suicide, and I kept it a secret for a long time myself, but it seems like it would be more healthy in the long run for everyone if we could be more open and less scared.
    In case you're interested. It's possible to "come out," and I hope that will get easier as time goes on. Cara

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 14, 2012
  2. Snake

Snake Well-Known Member

I tried this with my dad, he revealed to me that he still has suicidal thoughts (even though he's 61 years old) but that he's not stupid enough to kill himself. So now I have someone who understands what I go through, mostly because he had a rough life, that makes him more predisposed to that. Hopefully, by the time I have children (if I ever have) I'll have ereased that meme out of me, and avoid passing it to the next generation.

EDIT: Oh, how rude of me, I didn't even welcomed you. Hi there! I hope you're doing fine.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 15, 2012
  3. NYJmpMaster

NYJmpMaster Have a question? Message Me Staff Member Forum Owner ADMIN

Welcome to SF - I am glad you found us and so glad you have found a method to cope that is helpful to you. Being able to talk openly and not hide the thoughts is a blessing. I hope you find the site useful and can not only get support but give encouragement to others that there are ways to find support to make things easier.

Take Care

Ben

4. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Welcome to SF hun

5. Python

Python Member

Welcome to SF, Kembe.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.