Hello empathetic people somewhere out there...

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by WinterMoon, Sep 22, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WinterMoon

WinterMoon New Member

My cousin committed suicide recently, and this has left me severely depressed. He was a good guy, with a kind heart, but got caught up with toxic people who hurt his feelings and made him feel alone. I feel very alone in this world.

Does anyone else feel like they can't relate to anyone? A lot of people have superficial values, and are ignorant and apathetic towards emotional pain and suffering.

Who can you turn to when nobody understands? Loneliness cries deep from my soul, tells me about the world growing so cold...

2. W Miller

W Miller Well-Known Member

I'm really sorry for you loss.

Don't over medicate right now, just allow yourself to grieve.

I lost several family members to suicide, and I'm not sure I'm over it. Besides, there will always be a place in your heart for your cousin. Remember the good times, and keep your cousins memory alive, in that ways.

You should consider professional help during this tough time in your life. Trying to fight this alone, is going to be almost impossible.

My condolence to you, and family right now.

Stay strong, and never give up.

3. random33

random33 Well-Known Member

I've always found that people who are depressed/suicidal are often the ones with the kindest hearts, I've lost a precious friend and family and it is terrible, you need to let yourself feel and give yourself time to grieve, when one of my best friends died I was angry at everything, the world turned dark, with time it got better, I now remember him foundly, I still "talk" to him, I will always be gratefull that I had the opportunity to meet such a wonderfull person and be part of his life, he died too young but he changed me forever, you can say he saved my life, restored my faith in humanity and made me a better person, I will never forget him and always have him in my heart.

4. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Hi WinterMoon sorry to hear abt the loss of your cousin and how alone he felt I do hope that you can reach out to someone in real life just to talk to them Your doctor a teacher a councilor someone that will listen and guide you Talking here will help let the tears go freely ok don't try to hold them back and if you can do something to commemorate your cousin.
    Something that will keep his memory alive

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.