Hello everybody :0)

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by rsand, Feb 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rsand

rsand Member

Hello everybody, I don't know where to start but let see.....I've personally tried to commit suicide twice and have experienced suicide by a couple of my friends both in my teenage years and now that i have become an adult. The hardest thing for me to deal with the was the attempted suicide by my dad, this man is my best friend my hero and was and always to me will be made of steel. It was a rough few years but through family understanding and ALOT of soul and self searching i realized that suicide was not for me.

I am happily married with two kids and yes there has been a few times i have thought, well i want my kids to have a memory of their daddy instead of knowing a depressed sad individual. This all changed one day when i had <Mod Edit - Acy -methods> in the shower with me ready to let it all go, ready to be a memory to those that loved me. I blanked out ready to <Mod Edit - Acy - methods> when something in me changed, every bit of hurt that i have ever been through either by self mutilation or forms of mental and physical torture by others have made me a better person then any of them will ever be!

There is so many sides to what i thought my inner pain was about and my suicidal thoughts that i couldnt wrap my head around it till that very moment, I want to be here for people that need help, that need a shoulder to cry on or maybe just an ear to listen. I may not understand each and every individual situation, but i do understand the inner need to end it all, the need to pull the trigger or swallow the last pill.

I am a very open person and I hope that if somebody is in a time of need i can help them, each and every one of you is a source of strength for everybody around you! I fail to believe that if anybody has been hurt in anyway that the person that you has won, YOU have won and YOU are the embodiment of strength YOU are still here!

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 3, 2010
  2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Thank you for your post and your insight it will help others to see i hope a different way out.

3. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

:welcome: to the forum. I am glad you found us and hope you are able to receive and give support as needed. That is what our forum is about. :shake:

4. WildCherry

WildCherry Staff Member ADMIN

Hi and welcome to SF! :D

5. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Welcome to sf. I'm glad you joined! I hope we can help :)

6. rsand

rsand Member

Thanks for the warm welcome, i had lurked around for a while and finally got the courage to sign up (glad i did). As you all here for everybody i hope that i can be part of your community and be as helpful as some of you have been to others.

7. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

Welcome to the forums!!

8. *sparkle*

*sparkle* Staff Alumni

hey :) welcome to the forum - hope you find it helpful :shake:

9. boo

boo Well-Known Member

Welcome to sf, i hope you'll find comfort and friendship here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.