Hello, everybody

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by Jaden, Nov 27, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jaden

Jaden Member

I guess I don't need to explain why I'm here - I guess everybody's here for roughly the same reasons - but I'll give a brief rundown. For numerous reasons, I've been suffering from severe chronic depression for probably about 9 years now. I wasn't diagnosed until a few years ago, but I've felt roughly this way since I was 16, and it's only gotten worse over time, really. I've been through medication, therapy, and a psych ward, and nothing has really helped. I've always been suicidal, on-and-off, and, well, I guess this is a time when it's been more severe. I've always been too much of a coward to actually go through with it, but I'm becoming less afraid these days, and, ironically, being less scared makes me more scared, in other ways. So I'm just trying everything I can. I happened upon this forum while looking up resources for suicide/depression.

Anyways, thanks for reading. I look forward to talking with you.
  2. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hello Jaden (lovely name by the way) I am glad you joined. We are the same age if you are 25 and I read that correctly lol. I can definitely see how being less scared of committing the act can actually make you feel more vulnerable and scared, it's a strange way to put it but it is true. I hope you can get the support you need from this lovely caring community, best of luck to you Jaden. :hug:
  3. Jaden

Jaden Member

Thank you. It's not my real name, but it is one I've been using online for some time now. Yes, you hit the nail on the head, I am, indeed, 25. Thanks for the well wishes! :hug:
  4. Bart

Bart Banned Member

Welcome Jaden!!! Hope the forum helps you as it's helped me and others.
  5. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

You are so very welcome, it's a great name all the same haha!! We are a friendly bunch here and non judgemental so feel free to post on other parts of the forum!! Hugs :hug:
  6. Unknown_111

Unknown_111 Forum Buddy Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Welcome to the forum and I hope you find very supporting for yourself. Keep posting for care and support.
  7. AAA3330

AAA3330 Well-Known Member

Hi Jaden and welcome to the forum.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.