Hello Everybody

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by Turbatus Phasmatis, Oct 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Turbatus Phasmatis

Turbatus Phasmatis Active Member

Hello all,

(now what to write; had things in my head that I've forgotten now! I'll keep going and probably get on a roll!). Joined this morning after having a nose around the boards last night. I guess I'm fed up trying to talk with people who have no comprehension of my feelings, no matter how I put it to them. (told you I'd get on a roll!:cool:).

When I say people, I mean family, friends and professionals (psychologists, doctors, etc.). I have one friend who I'm comfortable sharing with but I worry I'm just boring her with what must seem like constant moaning. With everybody else it just seems like I'm wasting my breath on people who are spiritually and intellectualy asleep.

I periodically have suicidal thoughts which range in severity from mild to moderate; once, just over a year ago they got a lot more serious for a short time. Recently I've felt them getting more serious again and I feel alone and have no-one to talk to about it. I always think of O/Ding but I have to say, after reading on the forums of some of the 'after-trauma' people have suffered it is making me think twice.

I suffer from depression and I (so have some psychologists) also think there's fatigue involved independantly too. That whole thing is one big story for another time maybe; suffice to say I've been on medication for around 1.5 years and I haven't worked fro around the same length of time. I've been single for around 2 years on and off and I live on my own with my dog. I'm 35 by the way, and stay in Glasgow, U.K.

I hope to participate on the forums regularly and hope to make some nice friends. My life is such a mess, but I know I can share some knowledge which will be of use to other people.

Love and peace, Gavin
  2. Blackness

Blackness Guest

I hope you can find some support here, welcome
  3. Trip the Dark fantastic

Trip the Dark fantastic Well-Known Member

Welcome in the temple of determined defiance, where spirits seek to soar and hope is our warrior queen to which we worship our crimson thoughts....

Well, I thought the choice of your name warrants a bit of drama. Great name, I hope you'll leave a 'pius animus' (no idea if that's proper latin...):biggrin:

4. liveinhope

liveinhope Well-Known Member

hello and a warm welcome to SF hope to see u around the site take care hun
  5. GS9

GS9 The Lost Boy

Welcome to the forum
  6. jcat

jcat Staff Alumni

:welcome: to sf. you're in the right place.
    i understand where you are coming from in regards to ppl not understanding. there are ppl here that understand:) take care andm feel free to pm me or find me on msn
  7. Turbatus Phasmatis

Turbatus Phasmatis Active Member

This site's working - I'm smiling already!

And thank you :smile:

P.S. I've no idea if that's latin either! I just took a notion and translated the term online! :blink:
  8. *dilligaf*

*dilligaf* Staff Alumni

9. Puddytat

Puddytat Well-Known Member

:welcome: to SF, look forward to seeing you around here :hug:
  10. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

:welcome: to SF. I understand how you feel to. You will meet many people that share some of your issues and even more that understand your feelings. I am glad you posted and would like to become an active member of our community. :hug:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.