Hello everybody

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,

I'm 32 and I suffer from depression and anxiety disorder since I was a child. My depression and anxiety was triggered by traumatic early life experiences. My parents had good intentions but lacked parental skills, and when I finally understood how much of my own mess was due to theirs, it was a bit too late to make it work. So nowdays that I understand things (how and why I got to be who I am) its like there's no energy and faith to make things work.

When I wake up everyday I feel afraid of what future will bring. After being down for years, it's time to move on, but I'm so afraid of failing again that the bad feeling I get when I wake up just continues clouding every single idea that crosses my mind. I feel sad most the time, I don't like myself much, specially because I've never managed to fulfill my potential as an adult male.

I've been alone for years now. I live with my parents, I have no job, no girl-friend. I have people I could consider friends, but still have no new year eve's party to go to. I guess it's one of the things that hurt me the most, not having friends with whom to celebrate new year.
Just like in the relationships department, there are things that don't happen on their own if you're withdrawn. But that's what I do most of the time, I avoid relationships because I'm afraid of exposing myself, since some have made me feel really bad about myself.

Things were never this bad for such a long time, and I find myself contemplating departure because I doubt I'll ever manage to overcome the sadness and hopelessness. Forcing myself into mild "positive" action makes me feel worse. Yet I know I must go through it, get used to feel even worse for things to get better someday.

That's it for now. Thanks.

Pedro

R

Robin

You might not find answers to your suffering here or anywhere for that matter but you have a good chance of making some friends :) If you need a friend just drop me a pm :)

Welcome to the forum :)

Colourful

I can relate to how you avoid relationships because you're afraid...i'm kind of like that too.

I hope things get better for you, in the meantime welcome and enjoy your stay! :)

xx

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00